Most Popular Apps for the motorhome (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Nowdays you can do pretty much anything on a smartphone or tablet that you can do on a home PC.
I think it would be good if we could add any apps that we have been impressed with so other members can find out about them.

I will kick this off with

Camscanner (free)
This app pretty much replaces a desk top scanner. If you are away and need to send a document out or just want to save one this app does it easily. I have found that if you do the scan in good lighting it is extremly good. You can save documents to PDF also.

Tomtom (paid)

This app really doesnt need explanation and works exactly the same as a stand alone GPS satnav unit

Smart Remote(paid)
An infra red remote app for phones and tablets with IR. All your IR remote items can be controlled by your phone. Buttons easily customized, remote buttons can be moved between remotes so you can make one remote that does all your popular functions. You can try the free version but only one remote can be used so the paid version is needed if you like it.

ToView (free)
If you want TV on your phone this app is a good free one.

WhatAapp (Free)
Messaging and VOIP app. Good for setting up group communications where all members get a notification and can see the messages, Photos, videos etc. Internet calling can save you a fortune when abroad and once you register you can be called by any other person with watsapp, you dont need to leave the app running, your phone will still ring.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Campercontact for me as well and Google maps for when we're walking around somewhere new.

Never used any of the ones in the OP

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Another vote for campercontact
park4night is useful
Serchforsites is fine does the job
Siteseeker ( C&CC ) useful
Satfinder for getting locked onto Satellite or checking pitch view before parking
AireCC for France is ok
SayHi for translating very useful app.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is my out and out favourite but it's only on android
Broken Link Removed
It does cost £1.19, but is so simple at finding Aires that are around you , we've used it three years and never had to plan an aire or been without one, and once you have paid you can put it on as many devices as you want, free.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.