Most important accessories (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
As we hope to shortly take delivery of our first motorhome we were wondering what should be the first accessories we will need. What would be peoples top three? Levelling chocs? Something to put down outside the door (those slot together foam mats)? Windbreak? We have mains hookup cable and water hose but thats about all.

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Based on our first three month trip

As the wise ones say, Gaffa tape is crucial.

I found a bucket and watering can very useful in foreign parts.

Also something to sit on outside.

Some nylon line for drying washing / tying things on when bits fall off.

And, finally, a bloody great pull along shopping bag for getting essentials back to the van (wine is heavy).

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
And another thing I would recommend. Get yourself a hard backed notebook and start a motorhome diary. Record what you do each day you are out.

We have only just started doing it, but wished we started from the very beginning. Already our memory is fading of what we did in our 4 week run to the sun in March and April. Can't quite remember some of the site names and Aires. Or where we got the best croissants, or those 2kg of ripe Spanish strawberries for 2 Euros. Or the names of the people we met on our travels, and the stories and advice that they gave us.

And it would also tell me how I have managed to rack up over 5,000 miles in 9 months, 50% of what it had done in the previous 5 years of its life with its first owners.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
thanks for that,i have forgot so many of the places and people we have met over the years.and now that I am getting very old I forget so many things. all I have got to do now is to remember to get a couple of pads.and of course to use them.:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back