Most friendly / unfriendly Brits ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In your experience of traveling around the UK .. who do you recon are the

most friendly and the most unfriendly peoples..

keep it fun..

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have covered most of mainland Britain in our travels and can't recall meeting any really unfriendly natives ... We use many of the C&CC temporary holiday sites and have always been made welcome.

Some of the most friendly we have come across this year have been the Scottish folk on a number of different ths. (y):wine:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
On our most recent sortee down south, found everyone friendly enough, thank you and smiles when the need arose. We did find that 3 families with southern accents hadn't taught their kids to say thanks when we stood aside with our dogs to let them pass on bikes in convoy but that's probably more to do with the parents and not their location. Also a Dutch lady who looked through me as I was smiling inanely at her.
My brother works in very busy tourist attraction in Edinburgh, he finds the rudest are Americans, Germans, Southern England and kids from Rupert Steiner schools.:);) Oh and he gets sore neck when bus load of Japanese tourists arrive.:D

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think it's a pretty mixed bag.

People are people. Some are grumpy and some are friendly.

Obviously Cornish people and those from the North of England are weird.*

*Limited poll - taken from information gathered from contributors to this forum.
Terms and Conditions apply.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Antipodeans resident in Cornwall can be the nicest people around............

....possibly;)

Seriously, we have met friendly and unfriendly just about everywhere. People regard the Dutch as rude, but they are speaking their mind, instead of telling you what they think you would like to hear. A lot of apparent rudeness is usually something that does not translate very well across cultures.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
[QUOTE="DABurleigh, post: 1120694, member: 31543"
Most unfriendly - Welsh shop staff for immediately talking Welsh as you walk in.

Dave[/QUOTE]

I'll 2nd that.

Hymie.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We've found most Brits very friendly with a few exceptions..

Unfriendly.. oddly enough.. Highlanders .. can be very strange, even to a fellow Jock, but they look down on us Lowlanders.. maybe that's the problem..

Most friendly I'd say are Liverpudlians, Scots and Geordies..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cornwall we find a little unfriendly to be honest.. And fell foul of some odd types in North Wales..

But all of this is subjective as the folk we meet are proly not a good cross section but a very tiny minority

Excessive ( almost !! ) friendliness was found almost anywhere ooop north of the border.. in fact right down as far as Newcastle way.

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
My next door neighbour is really unfriendly.... Well after having a poo in his garden I must admit I would have been up set.... And as u all know I never get up set....:Eeek:......:rofl:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I think in the vast majority of cases the attitude you are shown has much to do with your own approach. Every region suffers from a few people who look like professional lemon suckers. But mostly polite, cheery and kind sums up my experiences when travelling in the UK.

May 21, 2012
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2012
to be honest, i think i can honestly say - its a mixed bag all over, but predominately friendly...

apart from certain areas in the Forest of Dean

Who in the Forest? Let me know so I can pop around and congratulate them.:censored:

May 21, 2012
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2012
Most friendly - Northern England shop staff
Most unfriendly - Welsh shop staff for immediately talking Welsh as you walk in. Locals in Liverpool pubs are a close second.

Dave
At least the Welsh are speaking a language if you go up North or to London they allegedly speak English just not as I know it :D

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Antipodeans resident in Cornwall can be the nicest people around............

....possibly;)

Seriously, we have met friendly and unfriendly just about everywhere. People regard the Dutch as rude, but they are speaking their mind, instead of telling you what they think you would like to hear. A lot of apparent rudeness is usually something that does not translate very well across cultures.
I resemble that remark

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The wife - now she's definitely unfriendly! Cat o' nine tails for a tongue.
The wife's mother, God rest her, was the most friendly person ever.
Wonder if it was because I took her daughter off her hands? Mmmmmh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back