Mosquito Door Nets........ (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
2 weeks! def Newbie......
I have been looking on the good ol www. and have now confused myself with different makes, so thought I would post on MotorhomeFun to get your ideas / suggestions / purchases

we have a Autocruise Augusta and are looking for a suitable Mosquito net for the summer months at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance
Peter

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I have seen door nets at the outdoor shows and the ones I was thinking of had a magnetic clasp down the centre. These were cheap and easy to fix above the door. Also Aldi have nets periodically. Not sure if this is what you are after or wether you are looking at the Fiamma type.

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I bought some proper Fiamma ones for our Autotrail Savannah (expensive!) and they're OKish but if it's even slightly windy they tend to criss/cross over each other despite having weights at the bottom, which slightly defeats the object as this means biddies can get in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Peter, we also have a Augusta and use something like THIS although ours has three overlapping strips.
I have fitted a pair of oval wardrobe rail supports above the door and the blind just drops in when we need it.
It works quite well although you will never keep all the little b's out, particularly the Scottish ones.

Upvote 0

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi Peter have used these on last couple of vans and just about to fit another set on latest .
at a fraction of the price (for the same article) on motorhome / caravan sites .
SHMBO whips out the sewing machine `pleats` them to the correct size needed and job done .
Nets.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAGIC-CUR...035?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2edceb4613

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peter48
Oct 1, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
2 weeks! def Newbie......
Morning, Carol, Anne, Joyce, Jolly Rodger and Cruiser!

Thanks for your advice, I will keep an eye out at Aldi, the lil b"s usually go for my wife's tasty tea blood as they generally stay away (stagger away) from mine. think that may be the red wine!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back