LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi All

Just got off the phone to Safeguard who insure my RV as its that time off year again.

Fully comp with pan european breakdown and recovery with £300 excess & £100 screen excess with no penalty on no claims for screen £580.00. Plus all the usual hotel, car, alternative travel, legal expenses and personal belongings.

While I was renewing I checked on the cover for Morroco for September. I am fully covered as per my policy for everything except breakdown recovery which is only available from the border as they are not allowed to work in Morroco.

To get the cover I just need to inform Safeguard a couple of weeks before I leave of where I'm going and when, and they will furnish me with a Green Card.

Not sure if this is what others have been told as I've heard some conflicting reports about different insurers. A couple of points she was'nt sure on so she went off and checked before she advised me.

Hope this helps

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Ror yes I can confirm what you have said as ive just been through it all and taken out cover with them,Including the recovery that I dont need as they wont split the policy, after discovering windscreen is limited to 2K per claim(not enough for full screen replacement) I have decided to be a little pedantic on this subject cos if i rung stateside and said send me a screen for the RV, our Darling Lindy would ask which side:thumb:
So some Rvs have two windscreens, and therefore a total wipe out would be, in my opinion 2k per side, what do you lot think,

Also I think I have read on here that only one vehicle per person maybe temporarily imported into Morocco, how do we stand with a m/cyl on the back of the RV, the bike is coverd by my trade policy so that rules out reg it in pammy,s name, and NO i aint puttin the RV in her name either:ROFLMAO:
Geo

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Geo

I spoke to Ray (Desert Detours) about the bike as you know I carry one as well (not as colourfull as your's mind). He advised against taking it over to Morroco and said I could store it in his secure lockup. I'm sure he said it would be an extra ccost on the ferry as well. In his opinion the chance to ride it would be extremely limited and it would be difficult to keep secure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back