TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Had a bit of a thought following my earlier post.

For anybody who would like more info and/or a chat with the "old hands" I've set up an afternoon at the Malvern Show where we'll bring along some maps, books and things. Venue will be the Funsters Marquee from 3.00pm on the Saturday. Bring your own coffee/tea/other favoured beverage and we'll see if we can supply some cake or suchlike. Might even set up a tagine (Carol's good at those)!

Everybody, including the regulars (don't forget your djilabas) , will be welcome.

Terry (and Colin - he's not getting away with it!):roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Maybe going over mid December aiming to be at Erkounte ( North of Cidi Ifni) for the xmas party ,

maybe we can sit in a drunken circle and sing ging gang gooly gooly whatsit ging gang go ging gang gooooooooo .

AND

Hopefully beat the bad weather in the UK and France .........

Last edited:

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Really annoyed now we cant go malvern. Could someone please do something similar at the bring and buy. Our plan is Morocco some time from 1st dec to mid april. Not bothered about exact dates know its 3month visa but would like to go with someone for 1st few days espically looking for as much info as possible

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
Really annoyed now we cant go malvern. Could someone please do something similar at the bring and buy. Our plan is Morocco some time from 1st dec to mid april. Not bothered about exact dates know its 3month visa but would like to go with someone for 1st few days espically looking for as much info as possible

Suggest you put a watch on the Morocco 2016 thread as information will become available later in the year about any possible future group crossing dates. I hope that @TerryL will be looking after the admin arrangements like last year.

Colin

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp

Graham, if you haven't already done so go to the resources section and download my guide to taking a motorhome to Morocco. After that checkout the Morocco 2015 thread which will almost certainly cover any other questions you've got. Anything else just ask.

Closer to your date of departure post here again to see if anyone else is crossing at the same time. I'm sure they'll be happy to let you tag along - that's what being a Funster is all about!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

We will be at the Bring and Buy, look us out if you want, your more than welcome to pick our brains.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We plan to go around Mid December not sure of dates yet but when we go we will post any info we get once we are there.

Paul

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Just a thought I've fitted a 70 litre gas tank which holds around 56 litres of gas would this be enough for a 3 month stay in Morocco

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all i can say is a moroccan bottle of gas exchange is about 4 quid for 12kg of gas thats 24 litres . you cant beat maroc gas .
even in spain exchanging bottles is cheaper than autogas. years ago i had an lpg tank fitted and i carried an lpg pump and emptied the maroc bottles into the tank. cant save enough shillings .

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
But how long did the 12kg bottle last you vwalan that is the question as I can't fit bottles of gas as it is full of 150 cans of cider

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
But how long did the 12kg bottle last you vwalan that is the question as I can't fit bottles of gas as it is full of 150 cans of cider
Easy. Let all the gas out, unscrew the valve, and fill the bottles with cider. (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just a thought I've fitted a 70 litre gas tank which holds around 56 litres of gas would this be enough for a 3 month stay in Morocco
We got through about 20 litres at the most of gas on an 8 week trip to Spain recently. However, we were on sites quite a bit with the 'fridge running on mains but I still think you should be fine with a tank that large.

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Love to tootles, I have suggested filling the water tank with wine so it is always on tap. Wife says that's fine but she's not showering in wine

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Wife says that's fine but she's not showering in wine
Oh, I don't know. It could liven up your marital life, licking her dry..........(y) Unless of coarse she happens to be a very large lady, in which case you would be well pi**ed before you got past The Midlands! :)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We went though 22 kgs or about 42 litres in 7 weeks in Morocco
Using gas for everything shower nearly every day plus a little heating up in mountains
We ran out about 2 days before leaving country
We did use 1 local small bottle with a ring on for some cooking

So if you fill up in Spain I would say 70 litres more than enough

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Easy. Let all the gas out, unscrew the valve, and fill the bottles with cider. (y)
cant quite remember about a bottle a month .
mind i do use gas lights . fridge is on solar.
if there is two of you then thats not much beer /cider . hope you have at least 100 litres of conde noble on board as well. you might need some solera brandy as well just for medical purposes for sure about 12 will probably do. ha ha
but i thinkyou will be pushing it a bit . have you got away of connecting a bottle in if need be .

Reactions: DBK

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
have known quite a few fill the water tanks with vodka , then rebottle it in maroc
there was a time a few years ago a bottle of vodka in the cash n carry in the old port of tangiers was only a quid . you could make a bob or two.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We used 30 kg of gas from uk back to uk , 4 months no hook up at all , only gas n solar ,
if you have a bbq take off you can connect a maroc bottle to it and back feed the MH by fitting a regulator on the maroc bottle ,
regulators and bottles available every where ,
we run the fridge off the batteries / solar during daylight ,
only putting it on gas at night .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
My solution was to use Moroccan bottle with regulator, and feed in via BBQ point..

I kept the gas in the fixed LPG tank in reserve..

The Gaslow connection hose, feeding in via the fill point, will only use gas from the bottle if the refillable is empty.

The gas will be drawn from the reserve cylinder, through one of the refillable cylinders to the regulator.
Note that it will not transfer liquid gas into the refillable cylinder, so gas from this cylinder will only be used if the refillable is empty.

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
We used 30 kg of gas from uk back to uk , 4 months no hook up at all , only gas n solar ,
if you have a bbq take off you can connect a maroc bottle to it and back feed the MH by fitting a regulator on the maroc bottle ,
regulators and bottles available every where ,
we run the fridge off the batteries / solar during daylight ,
only putting it on gas at night .

Graham

Did the wiring to the 12v side of the fridge have to be changed to make this happen? Did you do this yourself?

Colin

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The problem with Rapido is they do not make use of the relay that is already on the fridge but use their own in the CBE distribution box. The only way to get that relay to operate is by applying a bogus D+ signal as I did in my link above

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
So can some one please tell me what is the most efficient fuel
Gas
12 volt
Mains
Or does it make any difference other than cost of fuel
solar being free to run once fitted
I tend to run mine manually through inverter on sunny days then back to gas for night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back