Morrisons LPG (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Sorry. "Having heard" means that Morrisons Boroughbridge said "You can't fill up lpg in aMotorhome at any Morrisons" Clear now?
Bernie

No not really. Appears to me the entire tone of the OP changed when challenged. Just my opinion of course.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If I needed it and the price was good along with wide enough access egress I would not hesitate to use morrisons and they have no way of knowing that I'm filling domestic gas. However the OP basically said motorhomes are banned? I doubt it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I don't think my local Morrisons petrol station sells LPG otherwise I would take the MH there in the morning just to prove the point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Mine is full of ASDA already :p and cheaper! Asda policy.
I can also say that having used almost exclusively Asda with a bit of Shell too that when I fitted a new tank and checked the pre regulator filter that it was as good as new after 18 months.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I run on LPG but have never attempted to fill up at Morrisons.
They are rather the odd one out by excluding certain customers with Calor , BP etc supplying across the UK and LPG available at many more stations across Europe.
Whoever made the Morrisons decision seems to have tunnel vision.

OP
OP
Ber090

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:(
No not really. Appears to me the entire tone of the OP changed when challenged. Just my opinion of course.
Hang on! Iposted based on what happened to me! I pulled up and before I could connect I was told by Morrisons guy that Motorhomes were not allowed to fill up with LPG. If you think I reported spuriously then so be it.End of.
Life is too short to debate detail with you. This is Motorhome Fun after all.
Cheers
Bernie.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I don't think we should argue and fall out over this. I already made a fool of myself by getting the wrong end of the stick based on the original post! Sorry!:blush:

I think Morrisons are just basing their policy on advice from their supplier, Calor.

Calor, of course would really want us to use their bottled gas. More profit for them!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
[QUOTE="jonandshell, post:

Calor, of course would really want us to use their bottled gas. More profit for them![/QUOTE]

Calor at Carlisle refused to fill my external filler Gaslow bottles, I go to a local welding supply shop now, no problem. I also bought 2 Shell propane bottles from the scrappy for my garage heater and brazing hearth and turned my Calor bottles into wood burners for the garden, no way were they gonna get any business off me.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Maybe Morrisons Kings Lynn didn't get the memo!
Morrisons Filling Station in Spalding clearly didn't get one either, as when asked, the two young lady attendants couldn't see a problem, and agreed between themselves that they get quite a few MHs in for Autogas. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes but Uncle Ken lives in Boroughbridge so they might be afraid of being checked on when he goes shopping :LOL:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
They may use whatever reason they like, but if they say no then that’s that. Having tank lpg on the mh and on my V8 disco the comment about yearly checks is not correct. But whatever, I get most of my lpg from countrywide now at 52.4p:)
Steve

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
But whatever, I get most of my lpg from countrywide now at 52.4p:)
Steve
Steve, I received a letter from them yesterday, informing me that the price had dropped to £0.44ppl +VAT, bringing it in at £0.46ppl. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Steve, I received a letter from them yesterday, informing me that the price had dropped to £0.44ppl +VAT, bringing it in at £0.46ppl. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.
Thats even better news:) i will be filling up next week, both mh and car thats about 140l
Steve

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Thats even better news:) i will be filling up next week, both mh and car thats about 140l
Steve
Please be aware though, that price is at the Domestic Fuel VAT rate, and not the Road Fuel VAT rate. You'll pay nearer £0.64ppl for Road Fuel, (possibly, or possibly not :sneaky:) which is what the local Flogas price is at just now.

Cheers,

Jock.

Reactions: f6c

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Please be aware though, that price is at the Domestic Fuel VAT rate, and not the Road Fuel VAT rate. You'll pay nearer £0.64ppl for Road Fuel, (possibly, or possibly not :sneaky:) which is what the local Flogas price is at just now.

Cheers,

Jock.
;);););) i know what you mean

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
I filled up with LPG at Morrisons before coming away on the 4th Jan and had no problems and so did my mate, we use the garage there regularly and have never had a problem.
I wont say where just in case we spoil it for ourselves and others.

Another point, as far as I am aware cars that run on LPG do not have the gas tanks or supply checked every year but the majority of motorhomes do have habitation checks every year where they do check the gas supply for leaks.

RD

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Gas safety is the main reason we have a habitation service every year. Apart from peace of mind anyway, the insurance will not pay out for a fire caused by a gas system which has not been checked by a qualified person annually.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Morrisons banned Motorhomes from filling LPG last year after a fire at one of their stations. However on another Morrisons station a Coach took fire while filling up, but they haven't banned Coaches.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
what with their stance on parking over more than one bay as well. It looks like morrisons need to go on the ignore list.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Morrisons banned Motorhomes from filling LPG last year after a fire at one of their stations. However on another Morrisons station a Coach took fire while filling up, but they haven't banned Coaches.
They take more fuel.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
However I can well believe that if there had been a build up of gas in the gas locker that this could easily be ignited in hot weather - this happened to us when we had a gas leak which we didn't know about: it was very hot, about 38degrees, and we were in France on our way back up to the ferry after a long drive north, just past Paris we stopped for a break ... I went to the loo and hubby turned on the gas at the bottle and then got back inside and opened a cupboard door to take out something which was under the sink where the leak was - as soon as he opened the door the gas ignited ... all we can put this down to is the heat as we hadn't turned the fridge on, or done anything else.

Autoignition temperature of Propane is 540 °C (1,004 °F; 813 K) can't really imagine it was that hot in your motorhome. :D

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back