LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You wont get them in any amount anywhere outside Morocco as its illegal to bring them out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Not altogether sure that the Dirham is available outside Morocco, best rate is probably at border or any bank in the larger Moroccan town's, we found the rates pretty good.

Think this request would have been better attached to Morocco 2014 which is being followed by hundreds of people..... just a thought..

Regards, Bryan

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Also.. I recently read they are changing the notes... So be very careful, you could buy some and then not be able to spend them !!! Wait till you get there...

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
You wont get them in any amount anywhere outside Morocco as its illegal to bring them out.

Sorry Dave, same thought, same moment.:ROFLMAO:

Well remember the 2013 group at a petrol station and on board ferry for return trip in something approaching a spending frenzy to avoid returning home with unspent Dirhams..... happy days !

Regards, Bryan

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I bought and sold mine in the service area just before Algeceris. Stayed the night there on the way out and back always travellers there to and from Morroco

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Also.. I recently read they are changing the notes... So be very careful, you could buy some and then not be able to spend them !!! Wait till you get there...

Bloody hell. That will teach me to try and beat the currency market. I still have about 80 drms tucked away in a sock.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
try juan carlos . he usually can let you have some . not the best rate but enough to get you off and away from the north .
once you are in any good bank . i usually go inside and get them . if you use machine in wall and it chews your card you will be !!!!!!very angry.
i have known it happen . i dont trust them hole in walls . specially not in maroc .

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Dirhams

:winky: where in the uk can I get Moroccan dirham at a good rate !!!!!!!!!!! :winky:

DIRHAMS are NOT LEGALLY available outside Morocco,they will be confiscated if found importing them,exchange rates have usually been best at the port on
entry,I hope they are not changing all the notes as i've still got about 300 dirhams:whatthe:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Please forward all unwanted / left over Dirhams..to

Morocco 2014 party funds
c/o Tonka
Motorhome fun..

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now stop posting on here !! Get back to Morocco 2014 thread.... :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
some may want togo to morocco in 2013 . they may not want to tread on the funsters trip.
does it really matter . op had a valid question .

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
some may want togo to morocco in 2013 . they may not want to tread on the funsters trip.
does it really matter . op had a valid question .

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am learning "tounge in cheek" dont work on forum's.... :Sad:
Taking my ball to play over the road.. !!! :Doh:

:winky:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its just a short swim from tarifa.
not recommended though . but lots do manage it . and small boats . windsurfers etc .
the sight of africa is fantastic as you drive from algeciras to tarifa .
if on the coast road in morocco between tangiers and ceuta europe looks even closer . all worth a ride on .that north coast along to alhoceima or melilla is really fantastic .
some is shown as a track but they are passable . the views are fantastic and if only we could easily get to some of the beaches there .
morocco is full of surprises .

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Alan
Forestboy makes ref to exchanging at a service area in his post. Do you know if you can exchange Stirling notes or euros for Dirhams or do they do it as a cash back on your debit card?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you get your tickets from juan carlos at polmones .get dirhams there . you can also get them in gibralter . many of the banks will have them as well . as far as i know its an old rule about no dirhams being taken out . i believe it was done away with about 10 yrs ago. you can use sterling .euro or cards almost every where . you will see lots places advertising them as you get to the port .
forget all the rubbish travel books tell you they are out of date before they are printed .
almost as bad as them uk aires and vic whats it books . load of rubbish just after your money.
see carlos or his daughters they wont rob you .
if a lot of you go together you can usually get a good discount .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back