morocco

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by pkurzok, Feb 1, 2011.

1. pkurzok

pkurzok Read Only Funster

hi guys
    green card for morocco were do you get them from

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Your own insurer will supply one, provided they do indeed cover Morocco
    Geo

3. pkurzok

pkurzok Read Only Funster

my tow car in surance companey dose not do morocco have not check the van people yet

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

there is an insurance office at the border in Ceuta where you can buy 1/3 party cover, IIRC it cost us about 90euro

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

We need Ray to clarify the situation, but the last he posted on the subject I belive it was not available at the border any longer, or at least for the time the post was relevent due to closure of the border offices if i remember right:Sad:

6. Detourer

Detourer Trader - Tour Operator

Yes, or should that be no....................... there is no insurance office at Ceuta!

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

There used to be one at Tangier,just through the barrier on the right,dont know if its still there.

8. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

9. Detourer

Detourer Trader - Tour Operator

............"Is my UK car insurance valid in Morocco?

Vehicles must have at least 3rd party insurance to be driven in Morocco, and you must have proof of such insurance in the form of a green card. If you are unable to get insurance for Morocco abroad, you will need to take out temporary insurance on arrival. This can be done in Tangier port (in an office on the right of the exit from customs) or at the Ceuta/Moroccan border. 5 days insurance at the frontier for a car costs approximately £ 30.

If your insurance policy expires during your stay in Morocco, you can obtain temporary insurance cover from local insurance companies..........."

Interesting post Jim and some usefull points....But if the UK embassy and FCO can't get it right what chance do the rest of us have :Rofl1:

The Ceuta insurance/money offices have been closed for around 3 years. There is, if you can find it, an insurance office in the next town. Pot luck if you get the helpfull member of staff.

There is an office just outside the new Tangier Med port, in a portacabin. But I suspect it will not be there long as it gets very little business. In fact already it is closed more than open. As a tour group we have only used the Tangier Med crossing once and will not do so again in the near future [2011]. We never pass through Tangier old port.