Morocco - Scooter insurance

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by dercher, Feb 20, 2012.

1. dercher

dercher Funster

Hi Funsters, hope to go morocco end of march, any advice on insurance for our scooter, seems to be a problem for our insurer, is border insurance ok.

2. bobbysgirl

bobbysgirl Read Only Funster

Scooter Insurance

We are going to Morocco on 3rd April via Algeciras. Having difficulty in getting insurance for our scooter which is on a rack on the back. Any feedback which might help would be much appreciated.

3. dercher

dercher Funster

Not much luck with green card here, seems like best bet is to get cover @
    border in morroco,well thats the plan.

4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Dont forget docs for scoots as you will have to import and then export those machines
    I had a bit of grief with mine
    Geo

5. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi some m.home inurers add them to your green card for the camper . a good broker will get it sorted for you.
    always make sure you get it signed in and make sure you get it signed out . keep all paper work for ever as next time they sometimes try to say yiou left it in maroc and didnt pay the duty. seen it happen a few times . once was a friend the year before took one of my m,bikes .next year tried to harres him . luckily i had the bike in mine so we could prove he had taken it out.
    border insurance is ok . but you never know what you get . best sort it here.
    chains locks etc are a must . ideally better in a box ,or a garage . little hands do nick things.

6. voyagerstan

voyagerstan Read Only Funster

m/bike insurence

:thumb::secret:got border ins few years ago (expensive) last couple years got green card fronm carol nash ins speak to lucy very helpfull . good advice from ww alan . good luck you will have good fun getting off beaten track on your bike . stan