Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Bolton
Funster No
MH
MAN LE160C4x4 motorhome
Exp
Since 1984 with a short break with a caravan
Hi guys we are now nearing Gibraltar heading for Morocco. I don't have a green card so hope to buy insurance at the border. Does anyone have any info on how, where and how much it will be? We hope to stay for a month.
Phil

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
If you are sailing into tangier med, go through the chaos of the customs, maybe upto 2 hours !!!!, then about 400m after that you will see, on the left, low level buildings. They are ticket offices for sailing back to Spain, also banks with cashpoints and also an insurance kiosk. No idea how much, as I only insured my scooter .

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Green Card
The Green Card is an international certificate of insurance providing visiting motorists the minimum compulsory insurance cover required by the law of the country visited. A green card is no longer compulsory for all countries in the Green Card System.

Responsibility for issuing Green Cards is given to national organisations (in the UK that is MIB). Many national organisations, including the MIB, delegate this responsibility to insurers by allowing them to print and issue their own cards in the interests of efficiency.

No charge is made for a Green Card. However, if cover is increased at the same time the Green Card is issued, an insurer is entitled to make a charge for the extension of cover. The provision of this additional cover is at the discretion of the individual insurer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back