Scooterist

Free Member
Oct 10, 2016
Algarve Portugal
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We went a couple of years ago over Christmas, I think it's well worth it for the experience, and didn't have any problems with crime, and for me, south of the Atlas mountains is the best. All I can say is give it a go. Brian..

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
pic at end of the road roundabout by cap beddouza.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Morocco 2008-2009 271.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 271.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 47

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Everybody is entitled to their own personal opinions and we should all respect that, however they have come by them. However I am disappointed by those who rubbish others with absolutely no information and little idea; nevertheless they have their views.

Morocco is an African country that, through the efforts of a relatively young King, is gradually catching up with the European world at a measured and achievable pace. If you are expecting CC type sites with nicely laid out pitches and every amenity forget it, Morocco is not for you. If you want fancy restaurants, chic shopping and luxury accomodation go elsewhere. However if you have even a tiny sense of adventure and can keep an open mind, Morocco can and does give you the chance to experience a whole new world. It also allows you to use your van, be it the smallest campervan or huge gin-palace, for what it was intended for. We have made the decision to have our "adventure before dementia" while we still can and accept that there will come a time when we can't. But we will have some fantastic memories.

All I would add is that if you do decide to give it a try, go with someone who's been before. It's not a difficult place but it is different and having someone on hand who's done it before can make all the difference between a disaster and the best trip you've ever had! I'm sure if you just ask there will Funsters who are more than willing to let you in on our "secret"!

"Inshalla" we'll be going again in the New Year (for the 4th time).

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Everybody is entitled to their own personal opinions and we should all respect that, however they have come by them. However I am disappointed by those who rubbish others with absolutely no information and little idea; nevertheless they have their views.

Morocco is an African country that, through the efforts of a relatively young King, is gradually catching up with the European world at a measured and achievable pace. If you are expecting CC type sites with nicely laid out pitches and every amenity forget it, Morocco is not for you. If you want fancy restaurants, chic shopping and luxury accomodation go elsewhere. However if you have even a tiny sense of adventure and can keep an open mind, Morocco can and does give you the chance to experience a whole new world. It also allows you to use your van, be it the smallest campervan or huge gin-palace, for what it was intended for. We have made the decision to have our "adventure before dementia" while we still can and accept that there will come a time when we can't. But we will have some fantastic memories.

All I would add is that if you do decide to give it a try, go with someone who's been before. It's not a difficult place but it is different and having someone on hand who's done it before can make all the difference between a disaster and the best trip you've ever had! I'm sure if you just ask there will Funsters who are more than willing to let you in on our "secret"!

"Inshalla" we'll be going again in the New Year (for the 4th time).
best to travel with dementia . ...wake up in a new place every day...
have no idea where you are or where your going .
biszlemha ,

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I suspect that if you like aires and wild camping then you will love Morrocco.
If you only visit CC & CC&C sites it's probably not for you.

:reel:
Is it easy enough to find somewhere to refill up the freshwater tank whilst wildcamping in Morocco ?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
only this minute the postman has just popped juan carklos,s leaflet and thankyou invitation letter to use viajes normandie again this winter . i,m sure many will get them.
been a few years since i used them but every year get the info.
their customer srevice is great.
price 180200
or car caravan ,m,home trailer 200-220 euro.
open tickets .
my scanner isnt working but heres an old map of how to find them.

Attachments

• img107.jpg
    img107.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 23

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Mine also popped thro' letterbox today. Your map is still up-to-date.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Not unusual for a forum, you just need selective reading.

fivestar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
lowline coachbuilt
Exp
We have both decided that we will definitely be traveling to Morocco Jan17 and it would be great to tag along with somebody who has been before and then later branch out on our own. To this point have been to the vets today for Morgan to have an early rabies jab so that the blood test is more likely to be successful in 30 days time. We normally carry a scooter in the garage but wonder if it is worth taking it to Morocco. the other question is how do I find these 2013/4/5 Moroccan threads because I don't seem to be able to

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
remember you will also need a green card for any motor bikes /scooters taken into morocco. and they will be booked to your passport. make sure they sign and book out the bike when you are leaving morocco.
one friend as been having trouble as he didnt check they had booked a m,bike out as he left.
i had it in my trailer one year as we were going back in two years later. but they still hassle him .
it was in fact one of my bikes he borrowed . they dont hassle me . but he gets it every year. its so funny.
always save entry and exit papers so you can argue with them if it should happen to you.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Can I ask how people get insurance?
We tried to go last year in the landcruiser and despite trying many companies, we could not get any to agree to a green card. I can't take such a car without safe insurance and wouldn't risk the MH either.

I had a fantastic ride around for my 50th - Mecknes, Marakesh, across the atlas and back to fez

Fantastic country and would love to go back by whatever means.

My absolute favourite was Fez souk.

P.s. We went during Ramadan (because that was when my birthday was) - I would not recommend that, it creates extra hassle.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
coop , safeguard . norwich union private car club . ,saga . comfort. all as far as i know cover morocco.
i found saga would add the little m,bike on the green card .
or just get border insurance . have a word with juan carlos he knows who what where in spain will cover insurance.
few years ago you could contact company offices in gibralter and they gave cover for 90 days . lots of insurance main offices are gibralter. dealing here in uk you get a brick wall but in gib they like taking a ew quid to let you have green card .
ramhadam is great . the locals like sneaking a drink etc . makes friends .
they love bacon sandwhiches and gammon to munch on .

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We went on our first trip away! Liked it so much we have been for the last 3 winters.

Trying South Africa this winter, (jan-apr 2017) but not in the van, and still looking forward to returning to maroc jan 2018!

As those before have said - 'don't knock it if you haven't tried it', and expect rustic!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well a bit over €200 with an open return ticket.

I got Carlos to agree a discount for Funsters last year, €20 off and he'll probably still honour that this year. There's a MotorhomeFun intro card stuck up on his office wall - just ask! It's probably better to use his services 'cos he and his daughters (who actually run the show now) know all there is to know and will complete all the paperwork for you too. His current leaflet says €200/220 so no change for this year.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i looked through the old tickets i have here . in 2002 using carlos i paid 246euro.s
303 e in 2003,296 in 2004, 190euro in 2008 and only 176 euro in 2010.
cant find other tickets . but still cheaper now than it was . mind did get really cheap at one time .
that was crossing into ceuta . that was cheapest. the first ones were tangiers .
i prefer ceuta . like the bussle and hussle in ceuta . and years before we always slept a night in the port carpark for free . ceuta is a lively place on evenings . plus as you leave and enter maroc turn right on the road that follows the coast to tangiers the scenery and view of gibralter is fantastic .
mind its nice going the other way along the coast had a few nights at martil even on the campsite .
but the coast along from tetouan is great. can be abit bumpy . but the scenery fantastic .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's probably better to use his services 'cos he and his daughters (who actually run the show now) know all there is to know and will complete all the paperwork for you too.

I was a pleasure dealing with him and a very easy location to get to and park, not to mention Lidl.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back