Morocco 2017 (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Nobody interested in 50% discounted fares then?
Yes please
We're on the list for September, is that too late for the discounted price?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Robert Clark Sorry you need to "lead" a group of at least five to be eligible, thought I'd made that clear. You should still get the €20 discount though.
Sending you a PM of what you need to do though.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@Robert Clark Sorry you need to "lead" a group of at least five to be eligible, thought I'd made that clear. You should still get the €20 discount though.
Sending you a PM of what you need to do though.
Sorry - I thought you were just looking fir people to make up the numbers for a group booking.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Won't be making it , jean''s current passport is due for renewal in may 2017 (didn't even think to check doh:confused:)Should have done our home work before leaving. will have to stay here in Spain for this winter but will definitely be more prepared for next year . Happy travels peeps & hope you all have a brilliant time . Chris & Jean xx
What dates are you travelling?
For Morocco your passport only needs to be valid for three months from the date of entry (your entry visa is only valid for 90 days.
I had the same issue the first time I went to Maroc, my passport expired in April, but I was back in bLighty in time to renew it.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
What dates are you travelling?
For Morocco your passport only needs to be valid for three months from the date of entry (your entry visa is only valid for 90 days.
I had the same issue the first time I went to Maroc, my passport expired in April, but I was back in bLighty in time to renew it.
we were looking at mid Jan, thanks for that info ,looks like our plan is back on. (y)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
we were looking at mid Jan, thanks for that info ,looks like our plan is back on. (y)
I have found the email from the Moroccan Embassy confirming my post:

Sent: 02 January 2013 10:16
To: Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxc
Subject: RE : Advice: Entry into Morocco

Dear Sir

In reference to your email, I would like to inform you that a British passport holder needs 3 months validity before he/ she enters Morocco.

Regards

Reactions: kip
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
I know that this is early (very early!) but we're hoping to do this trip in January 2018.
So, if anyone has the same plans and/or is able to lead a group in 2018 could you please bear us in mind.
Thank you and a good Christmas to one and all. :xgrin:

iLondoner

Free Member
Jul 23, 2016
London and Granada Altiplano
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Forte
Exp
Past owner
I have found the email from the Moroccan Embassy confirming my post:

Dear Sir
In reference to your email, I would like to inform you that a British passport holder needs 3 months validity before he/ she enters Morocco.
Not strictly true. You are granted up to three months in country when you enter which is what the clerk might be thinking of, but your passport only needs to be valid for the duration of your planned trip. So if you are on a holiday with a return flight booked, it only needs to be valid until that date.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293730-c219157/Morocco:Passports.And.Visas.html

See also https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/morocco/entry-requirements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Not strictly true. You are granted up to three months in country when you enter which is what the clerk might be thinking of, but your passport only needs to be valid for the duration of your planned trip. So if you are on a holiday with a return flight booked, it only needs to be valid until that date.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293730-c219157/Morocco:Passports.And.Visas.html

See also https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/morocco/entry-requirements
Possibly true if you are flying and have return flights booked.
However in a motorhome you are granted a three month visa and most will have an open return ferry booking, so your passport needs to be valid for at least three months ie until expiry of the visa

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Portland Carlos does all the paperwork for you. All you need to do is complete the immigration forms which he also supplies.

(PS - All Morocco posts on this thread now please Derek - saves confusion)

Aug 19, 2015
Windermere
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
15 years
Will you please include us 2 and small black dog TerrYL. We will be driving through France and Spain and expect to cross mid to late Jan. And would like company. I've heard we can now buy beer but not sure about wine and we do get very thirsty around 6pm!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Will you please include us 2 and small black dog TerrYL. We will be driving through France and Spain and expect to cross mid to late Jan. And would like company. I've heard we can now buy beer but not sure about wine and we do get very thirsty around 6pm!
Alcohol is available in Moroc but expensive compared to Europe so load up with enough for your whole trip before crossing. Custom's checks seem to be quite lacks on this issue and if challenged the gift of a bottle or two eases the passage (Do not offer it up front as it may be seen as a bribe). Some Funsters take over cartons of the cheap wine and sell on at a good profit which pays for their ferry crossing LOL.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Latest list as at 10 mins ago - I won't be updating it again so just post on the thread. If you wish to cross with anybody, please PM them. If you are happy to lead a small group (and get a nice further discount) please announce your intended crossing date here on the thread - I'll post the leader aide memoire on Resources later on today. Just now in the process of loading the van so going to be a bit busy!

Morocco 2017 – Intended Travellers
Name Intended/Preferred Crossing Date (approx)

198d Christmas 2016
Angelad 4/5 Jan
GrannieAnnie 1st week Jan
horshamjack 1st week Jan
Pikeman 10-24 Jan
Mr Ed <- mid-Jan
Rodneyplonker <- mid-Jan
Hotelman mid-Jan
Bob and Phyllis mid-Jan
Kip mid-Jan
Canopus mid-Jan
Fredgwen mid-Jan
Millie’n us mid-Jan->
Abforfun 15 Jan
Cakey 15 Jan
fivestar 15–20 Jan
Old Bill 20 Jan
Theonlysue 20 Jan ->
mustaphapint 24 Jan
Portland 24 Jan
TerryL 24 Jan
Busman 2nd week Feb
StanandShirley mid Feb
Robert Clark September 2017

?? Suggy ??
?? George Clayton ??

Keep watching the thread for further info and we hope to meet up with you all at some time. Enjoy and drive safe!

Terry and Brenda

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Headlight gone :-(
At bruges heading to hymer factory over next few days to replace, thank goodness for Sellotape (the proper sticky stuff lol)
20161225_130521.jpg
so not sure of dates now.

iLondoner

Free Member
Jul 23, 2016
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Forte
Exp
Past owner
your passport needs to be valid for at least three months ie until expiry of the visa
You need to read the links I posted.

EEA citizens are not issued with a visa (the word comes from Latin meaning effectively that documents have been seen), all you get is an entry stamp from the Sûreté Nationale who look after border controls who will also stamp a control number in the passport if you don't already have one. This is not a Carte d'Identite Nationale (CIN) as some people mistakenly believe, it's a police control number that's used to track your location via hotel/campsite registration forms whilst you are in the country.

The D16TER form for the temporary importation of the motorhome will have a date handwritten on it and this normally won't be more than three months, and might be less if your passport validity doesn't cover the whole period.

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Terry, we are flexible so will cross with you on 24th or whenever, if that is OK. Just give us a date and details and we will be there. Keith and Sue :cool:

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Headlight gone :-(
At bruges heading to hymer factory over next few days to replace, thank goodness for Sellotape (the proper sticky stuff :LOL:)View attachment 139512 so not sure of dates now.

OUCH!

But that shouldn't take long to fix. You should be fine with dates.

Terry, we are flexible so will cross with you on 24th or whenever, if that is OK. Just give us a date and details and we will be there. Keith and Sue :cool:

That's fine, the more the merrier. Haven't made a final decision as yet but it won't be before 20th (Green Card). Stay in touch.

iLondoner

Free Member
Jul 23, 2016
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Forte
Exp
Past owner
I've heard we can now buy beer but not sure about wine and we do get very thirsty around 6pm!
My webpage on alcohol in Morocco has some good links, especially the Bacchus blog. Since writing that page the price of lager in shops is now about 15dh, but wine hasn't increased so much.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
You need to read the links I posted.
and you need to read the email I received from the Moroccan embassy which I posted above. They SHOULD know what they are talking about. The only way to find out for sure is to try and enter morocco with a passport that has less than 3 months validity. But I'm not going to be the one to try it and I wouldnt recommend anybody else try either.

iLondoner

Free Member
Jul 23, 2016
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Forte
Exp
Past owner
Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
This year we want a leisurely drive down the coast as far as tafroute and then back up stopping off at beachside Aires and campsites, I've read the Morocco 2016 thread looking where others had stayed but has anyone got any recommendations/ must see places.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Think everyone will probably visit Tafraout at some time (by the way Brian, it's not exactly on the coast.....)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Lol realise that, would just like to visit some different places on the way there and back. Busman had some good coastal pics on last year

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Bob and Phyllis co-ordinates for Carlos at Algeciras (they're in the Resources article for future ref)

N36.1819 W005.439701 Leave A7 at junction 11

Sorry, can't reply via Facebook at the moment. Look forward to inspecting new van somewhere in Maroc.

tgee

Free Member
Oct 9, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer s660
Exp
Since 2009
Hi to all posting here -- hope to bump into old friends on this thread from last year and new ones in the New Year in Morocco. We are flying down to Malaga on the 3rd Jan and will travel down to Algeciras soon after. Not sure when we will go over --- we are in no real hurry and will take things as they come.

Regards, Tam & Angie

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Hi to all posting here -- hope to bump into old friends on this thread from last year and new ones in the New Year in Morocco. We are flying down to Malaga on the 3rd Jan and will travel down to Algeciras soon after. Not sure when we will go over --- we are in no real hurry and will take things as they come.

Regards, Tam & Angie
Would be good to see you again, keep in touch on here

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back