LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Terry,

We will have to be counted out on this trip now damn it. Audrey is too concerned about Ebola and I.S, both don't bother me but, taking the bull by the horns I have decided to re-retire and go back to work for a while longer :whistle:
I hope all who go have a fantastic time.

Norman.

OK Norman, thanks for letting us know, no problem. Hope to see you on a rally or somewhere.

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
We are going to Morocco 4th Feb with Desert Detours for 23 days ( can stay longer if we wish) Our first time....so a bit nervous. Hope to see a few Funsters whilst we are there :)

Jan & Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
DC4JC - there'll still be lotsa Funsters there at the end of your trip. We'll keep an eye open for you.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
So, got my Camping Morocco book today under the section on pets it says:-

Morocco is not part of the EU, and is not a qualifying 'non-European Union country' under the Pet Passport Scheme, therefore dogs, cats and ferrets etc, cannot return to the EU under the scheme. It is possible to take a pet to Morocco from Spain and return with it without the necessity for quarantine, but an International Veterinary Certificate is required. Our advice is that you do not consider taking your pet to Morocco, if you do want to take a pet you must ensure that you fully understand, and comply with, the relevant Spanish, Moroccan, and UK regulations.

Anybody know what all this means please?
What is an International Veterinary Certificate?
to what Spanish, Moroccan, and UK regulations are they referring to?
Is it safe/legal to take the dog or what?

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
There are several posts on this but this link will help you
http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/morocco_EU.cfm
We are taking our dog and had reservations, but having talked to people as long as your paperwork is in order there should not be a problem
Having said that we are going to visit a vet at the port to make sure all our dogs paperwork is in order
Edit: The problem will not be taking your dog into Morocco it will be returning to Spain
hence why we are making sure in Spain all is in order

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
There are several posts on this but this link will help you
http://www.pettravel.com/immigration/morocco_EU.cfm
We are taking our dog and had reservations, but having talked to people as long as your paperwork is in order there should not be a problem
Having said that we are going to visit a vet at the port to make sure all our dogs paperwork is in order
Edit: The problem will not be taking your dog into Morocco it will be returning to Spain
hence why we are making sure in Spain all is in order
Thanks for the reply, the link has added to my woes a bit! it says:-
  • Your pet cat or dog must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entry into the country.
  • A USDA (or CFIA) accredited veterinarian must then complete a Veterinary Certificate for Morocco for endorsement by the USDA or CFIA if traveling from the United States or Canada. If you are not traveling from either of these countries, the Governing Authority of your country responsible for the import and export of animals should endorse the forms.
    • A copy of the Rabies Certificate should also be included for endorsement.
    • After endorsement by the USDA State Veterinary Office the Veterinary Certificate and attached Rabies Certificate must be sent for authentication to the nearest Consulate of Morocco with a check for $33.00 and a postage paid return envelope.
    This completes a pet passport for your dog or cat to enter Morocco.
Is this from America only? It specifically refers to an endorsement by the USDA vetinary office.

I am not really grasping what appears to be conflicting information. Do I obtain :-

International Veterinary Certificate,
or is this for non EU countries and animals which DO NOT have an EU Pet Passpor taking pets TO or FROM Morocco only? I don't think I need this??

If so where from, my vet, Spanish vet or other source. If you look at my previous post #127 Defra have said that as long as I comply with this, I'm ok, as Spain is Eu this presumably is the same.
My dog has the 3 year rabies shot and is not due till Jan 16 so why is there a need re- revaccinate?

Please, if anyone has a definitive answer let me know, as it simply isn't worth the risk of the dog going into quarantine!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Don't forget your toilet paper. The stuff is rare to find in Morocco, and if you do, it will be expensive lol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Don't forget your toilet paper. The stuff is rare to find in Morocco, and if you do, it will be expensive lol

Sue think it changed a bit I filled every available space with loo paper Eddie thought I had gone mad, after reading it was hard to get. We found that it was available quite easy so I would not go over board like I did, much better use some of the room for booze and tinned meat.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Simon, at the risk of repeating myself I will say again - you need an up to date Pet Passport and if you want to go to Maroc you will need the blood test certificate (International Veterinary Certificate) which tells anyone anywhere that your dog has been vaccinated for rabies and that the vaccination is conclusive from the blood test.

You can take your dog to Maroc but without the blood test certificate, you won't get back into Spain or any where else for that matter. However when we came back last April they never even checked our passports let alone the dogs. They are more interested in illegal Moroccans and contraband which they may be bringing in.

They were lots of Brits, Dutch, Germans, Belgians and especially French with dogs in Maroc when we were there. We heard of no issues whatsoever with re-entry from the African Continent back into Spain.

If/when you board the train at Euro tunnel, they will ask you where you've been. You will have had to have visited a Vet en route in France to get the passport stamped and the have the vet administer the worming tablet (take your own to save a few Euros). Without the blood test cert they could refuse you entry back into the UK or put the dog in quarantine.

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
B....y computers. Just noticed that the file I uploaded into Resources yesterday lost all its formatting (and some text) and was unreadable, so I've done it again as a Word document. If anyone can't read it let me know.

Sorry Peeps!

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
B....y computers. Just noticed that the file I uploaded into Resources yesterday lost all its formatting (and some text) and was unreadable, so I've done it again as a Word document. If anyone can't read it let me know.

Sorry Peeps!

Terry

Just a thought ... If you saved the file as a pdf all formatting would be maintained irrespective

Colin

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Terry

Just a thought ... If you saved the file as a pdf all formatting would be maintained irrespective

Colin
Yes probably - although I can also probably muck that up too! Will try it for next update.
Thanks for that though.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
First of all big thank you to Colin (Cherrypirate) for talking a few things things through with me on the telling bone (well loads actually) thanks Colin, and now to Ken (Canopus) at the risk of repeating myself I will say again - you need an up to date Pet Passport and if you want to go to Maroc you will need the blood test certificate (International Veterinary Certificate) which tells anyone anywhere that your dog has been vaccinated for rabies and that the vaccination is conclusive from the blood test. No, I absolutely get what you are saying, and thanks Ken, my problem HAS been the (International Veterinary Certificate) thinking that this was a different thing from what I have. My understanding of the situation (and thanks for everyone's help here) and for the benefit of other dog owners, is this:-

I do not have a certificate that says International Veterinary Certificate, what I do have is :-

An up to date Pet Passport, Signed and stamped with the rabies results from the Rabies Serology Certificate (Titre certificate, I believe) and booster next due January 2016.

A Rabies Serology Certificate from Greendale Veterinary Diagnostics which shows the date of sampling as 5/2/10 and states that the Rabies Antibody Titre Greater than or equal to 0.5 I.U./ml (1.15 I.U./ml) PASS

This also states details of rabies vaccinations on the 15/1/10 all other Rabies vaccinations are up to date (last one being January 2013 and are shown on the Pet Passport.

The above Serology Certificate is what I now believe is meant by the International Veterinary Certificate or Titre Certificate.

This would seem to be what is required by Defra and Spain, IS THIS WRONG??

ie Is my (the dogs) Rabies Serology Certificate the same thing as a) An International Veterinary Certificate and b) A Titre Certificate.

One last time (sorry to everyone who has taken the trouble to get in touch with me) DO I NEED ANY OTHER PAPER WORK OR NEED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Don't forget to pack the wife as well as the dog..................................................!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes probably - although I can also probably muck that up too! Will try it for next update.
Thanks for that though.

Right, managed to convert it to PDF and replace it. Everyone should have no problem now.(y)
Still on the learning curve - thanks Colin.:active:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
My final post on the subject Simon and Im sure Colin will corroborate. Your Serology certificate (IVC as they seem to call it) should be carried at all times if travelling outside the EU i.e. Maroc. You must ensure that page 4 of your pet passport is filled in with the vaccination details and vets stamp which show dates/validity. Then on page 8 it should be completed and show details of the Rabies serological test and when it was carried out. Your Vet should sign that and stamp it with the appropriate dates.

All being well we may see you over there next January, but we have some issues at home which have priority at the moment and have done nothing ye re travel insurance, green card or chunnel.

Bon Voyage

Ken & Lynda + Jess - International Travelling Terrier = more stamps in her passport than we have in ours.

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
My final post on the subject Simon and Im sure Colin will corroborate. Your Serology certificate (IVC as they seem to call it) should be carried at all times if travelling outside the EU i.e. Maroc. You must ensure that page 4 of your pet passport is filled in with the vaccination details and vets stamp which show dates/validity. Then on page 8 it should be completed and show details of the Rabies serological test and when it was carried out. Your Vet should sign that and stamp it with the appropriate dates.

All being well we may see you over there next January, but we have some issues at home which have priority at the moment and have done nothing ye re travel insurance, green card or chunnel.

Bon Voyage

Ken & Lynda + Jess - International Travelling Terrier = more stamps in her passport than we have in ours.

Totally agree.... It would be good to meet up again Ken. Hope you will be able to make it.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993

Bon Voyage

This was the whole problem, Thanks to You and Colin, I now know that the International Veterinary Certificate is the same as the Serology Certificate, I could not find this in black and white and Defra does NOT refer to it. All Defra says is the dog must have a Pet Passport and the relevant documentation. Defra goes on to say:-

To bring your dog, cat or ferret into (or back into) the UK, it must be accompanied either by an EU pet passport or a third country official veterinary certificate. The passport or certificate must show that your pet has been microchipped (a tattoo is only acceptable in certain circumstances), vaccinated against rabies and if necessary blood tested. It must also show that your dog has been treated against tapeworm.

It has been very confusing, although I am happy I have the correct documentation for the dog, trip on!!

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
hi terry very interested in traveling over on the the 13 could please add us to to your list regards Ron &Jeanette RONCAB

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007

Just read on the FCO website that ISIL (Maroc branch) have decreed that the rules in relation to the importation of any animal, and in particular those pertaining to Pet Passports, will change on 31st December 2014. Further details will be published in due course but UK nationals are advised not to take animals into the country. :reel: :boxing: :imoutahere:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Just read on the FCO website that ISIL (Maroc branch) have decreed that the rules in relation to the importation of any animal, and in particular those pertaining to Pet Passports, will change on 31st December 2014. Further details will be published in due course but UK nationals are advised not to take animals into the country. :reel: :boxing: :imoutahere:
Bloody Hell after all my tribulations!!!!! You are joking aren't you?y

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

It's a jihad

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Think I'm going to put a link to this discussion in my notes!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back