Morocco 2015. Tafroute - TaTa (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
PhilandMena submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

After a month at Tafroute we decided it was time to make a move. A hard decision as we were having such a great time and in the company of some smashing fellow funsters. However, we had a plan and wanted to visit some must see places we had on our radar for this trip and one of these places was Merzouga.
At this stage of our trip quite a few conversations had taken place about where people would go next and the best route to take. Quite a lot of useful information came to us via the Funsters who were already out here and posting information on routes and road conditions and although I had the latest Tom Tom map for Moroc, it was fundamentally crap, except in towns and cities where it came into it's own.
A few funsters were pointing out that Maps.Me (software)was not only very good but had new roads on it which weren't showing on the Michelin maps and one of these new roads indicated a short cut off the R106 between Tafroute and Tata, on the way to Merzouga.
So, we decided to bite the bullet, give it a go and report back to other who were planning to use the same route.
Leaving Tafroute saw some stunning scenery and we soon hit the R106, a nightmare of a road which consisted of potholes with the occasional bit of road between the holes and we endured this for about 3 miles before coming to junction with the new road. (this was set into my Sat Nav to ensure I was taking the right shortcut.
As it turned out this was the correct decision. The shortcut took about an hour of the journey was on a good surface and took us through some stunning scenery before joining the main road to Tata.
We were now seeing aspects of Morocco that we didn't know existed and amazed at it's beauty.

Broken Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back