LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Excellent guide Tonks, but I would add one thing regarding the immigration.
As we found out, first time visitors have to leave their MH at the customs and the 'main driver' has to take their passports to the local police station which is about 200 meters or so towards the porta-cabins.
There they put your details on their computer and, believe it or not, write in biro over the number that was stamped in it on the boat, This, apparently, proves on your return to the customs officer, that you have actually registered at the police station.
Also a word of warning, the police station is on the first floor of the building and in the concourse below are a number of touts trying to sell you currency at a so called 'good' rate.

Thanks Scatty... I did not list that, although we went through same procedure.. No doubt they will change the system on the next visit :Doh:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Looking at the posts that have being going on lately it seem obvious that many funsters are thinking a morocco adventure :RollEyes:

I sure am looking at departing after Christmas and returning late march 2014

So who else is thinking same with a view to traveling down together or meeting up down there mayby running home together :thumb:

Not to forget Spain with the other group in march on what will be our return run home

Just a thought ?:Cool:
hello there i was confused they where saying january 2013 which is been and gone me and my wife would love to go in january 2014 for about 2to3 months finish in bendorm for a couple of weeks love to go with other members please keep us informed many thanks marjohn:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
morocco2014 january

hello there i was confused they where saying january 2013 which is been and gone me and my wife would love to go in january 2014 for about 2to3 months finish in bendorm for a couple of weeks love to go with other members please keep us informed many thanks marjohn:Smile:
morocco 2014 january

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Marjohn...
To clarify... There was a thread that I started called "Morocco 2013", it's the biggest one on MHF as so many people followed our adventure.. Yes it has passed but some people are still making comments on it..

A new thread was started as "Morocco 2014" as several member want to start their own adventure and it was a starting place for people to show an interest...

Some members are planning to go to Benidorm for new year before they move down and go again to Morocco in 2014.
We also have a meet planned in March 2014 at Bella Vista in Costa Del Sol..

:Doh: I am getting confused myself now.. :ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Mr Tonka, Mr Motorhome, Suggs and all the learned Morocan ambassadors from the 2013 trip not forgetting Snowbird , could it be a good time to start a dedicated Moroccan thread for those who are serious about the 2014 trip, I know this tentative one has been started early on and gaged interest but now could be a good time for one from those with experience of last years trip could pull it all together in one thread, just a thought :Smile:

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Carol...

NO......,,!!!

It's to early....
Not till after Lincoln and I have been lubricated with Cider...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Carol...

NO......,,!!!

It's to early....
Not till after Lincoln and I have been lubricated with Cider...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok:ROFLMAO: just that I am getting excited ::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Excellent guide Tonks, but I would add one thing regarding the immigration.
As we found out, first time visitors have to leave their MH at the customs and the 'main driver' has to take their passports to the local police station which is about 200 meters or so towards the porta-cabins.
There they put your details on their computer and, believe it or not, write in biro over the number that was stamped in it on the boat, This, apparently, proves on your return to the customs officer, that you have actually registered at the police station.
Also a word of warning, the police station is on the first floor of the building and in the concourse below are a number of touts trying to sell you currency at a so called 'good' rate.

not like that though if you take the ceuta route . i prefer ceuta ferry route to the tanger ferry .ceuta is much more fun . nothing done on the boat . as ceuta is spanish . but a far better way of getting to maroc . and cheap spirits etc just as you leave the port gates . and cheaper fuel. have done tanger but ceuta is better every time .

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Mr Tonka, Mr Motorhome, Suggs and all the learned Morocan ambassadors from the 2013 trip not forgetting Snowbird , could it be a good time to start a dedicated Moroccan thread for those who are serious about the 2014 trip, I know this tentative one has been started early on and gaged interest but now could be a good time for one from those with experience of last years trip could pull it all together in one thread, just a thought :Smile:

I think it's better if we keep just this thread. The title says it all.
If we have more than one 2014 thread it will just cause confusion and we will have the same questions being asked in multiple places.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have asked Jim is this thread can now be moved into the rallys and meets section.. Hope no one minds, as Mike says best to avoid confusion....:thumb:

Having chatted with some of the 2013 mob it's still on for a meet up on 15th Jan 2014 at lidl Algerciras.. Firm things up nearer the time..

Last edited:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
It was mentioned at Malvern to take items to barter / exchange with, now this is great for me as having a mega de-cluttering at present but before I give away even sell what sort of items do you take .. coats, jeans, shoes even pretty beads for the lady :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

any info would be great

Kath

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
It was mentioned at Malvern to take items to barter / exchange with, now this is great for me as having a mega de-cluttering at present but before I give away even sell what sort of items do you take .. coats, jeans, shoes even pretty beads for the lady :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

any info would be great

Kath

Ha if I tried to barter I would come back with ether
Another wife god forbid
A camel a better but still unneeded item

I will report on the size of the bruise latter

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We have a story about me trading a mobile phone with someone at Tagazoute beach !!!!
Ask when you see me.. and if you go there and someone asks for me, you dont know me ok..!

Kids clothes, jeans and big coats are popular. HOWEVER, They always seem to want to trade with things you may not want ie jewelry, wooden camels etc.. Silk scarves that are made in China with the labels took out ! :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes you can trade for parking, cans of beers seem favourite there but as someone pointed out, They are meant to be guarding the vans so if everyone gives them beer and they get P***ed and fall asleep :Doh:

Sometimes its just nice to pass on some old items and away from the towns the local people appreciate it more..

I had a few offers for one of the Blond ladies at one place as I was walking with Irene, Sue and Jayne.. :)

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

any info would be great

Kath

Kath men's jean's Ed even bartered the pair he had on, t shirts, not so much lady's things we found, the women folk seem me to be quite shy, its the men and children mainly, we just gave a lot of stuff of the grandchildrens away, especially in the desert area Erg Chebbi (not sure on the spelling). We got some really nice crystal, though you do need t watch because a lot of it is dyed to appealing colours, but there is a lot of unusual things you come across. We were in the Lower atlas mountains miles from anywhere, when a shepherd appeared with his goats, had a awful cough and did his best to ask if we had anything to help, we didn't the only thing was Worthers sweets. so gave him some to suck, then we panicked when he went to swallow one whole :Eeek: anyway he went off sucking his sweets.

One I remember when we were wild camped on top of the Atatlas and came to a little hut selling crystal, the man had awful cracked lips, lucky I had extra lip balm, I know that would have made a difference for a bit.

You just pick it up as you go along, you get the feel for who is genuine and who may be trying it on, but believe me when you see the men working in primitive conditions in the Soulks with smiles on there faces, made me realise what we have and a little thing can make a huge difference sometimes.

bazzasamps

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years
Bazzasamps

You could bring MOT forwards you can do test early

I brought my MOT foreward 6 weeks some time ago to make sure I have time to get things fixed and not be held up. My Hymer is 25 yrs old and I have renewed 98% of moving parts plus others, the speedo has done the most mileage at 110000 the rest is 'low mileage'. !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back