MH
burstnar T640
Exp
not morocco. ha ha . misur .misur .

misur .misur .

misur misur .

hobz . hobz .

fish .fish .

can you ever get away from it .i would say no.
even way out in the desert you get pestered .its part of the fun .

that part of hassel dont even bother me i just let elaine loose

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you could try below daklar at el argoub.
mind you still might get a few .
you stand a better chance on the desert side . but no sea . still like beach though .

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
We will be going again but not next year as we want to tour Portugal after the March meet in southern Spain. The cost last time for Campsites and Ferry was £317 for the month. I have submitted an article to The Motorcaravanners Club detailing all costs and the route we took and this should be printed later this year. have a great time over their it is much better than Spain and safer. If you can speak a bit of French this will be a great help.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
1 question tonka if you wanted 2 weeks on a beach sort of hassel free
where would it be?

We loved our short stay on the wildcamping at Tagazoute.... If the police havent stopped it then I will definatly go back there, stay longer and take my surf board :thumb::thumb:
Apart from there we didnt really stay to long around beach areas. Our trip was a taster and the north coast had poor weather so maybe need to see it in better weather to appreciate it..

Steveboy

Free Member
Oct 13, 2011
Wherever my wheels stop.
Funster No
MH
Rapido 972M
Exp
Fulltime since 2011
I'm interested and the info re 'the dog' has been helpful as I was unsure too. Was in Spain/Portugal/France Jan to May of this year. Wildcamping mostly but chickened out of Morocco as I too travel on my own. But I would be interested in traveling with a group for a while till I gain confidence and have sussed out the culture/food/facilities etc.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I'm interested and the info re 'the dog' has been helpful as I was unsure too. Was in Spain/Portugal/France Jan to May of this year. Wildcamping mostly but chickened out of Morocco as I too travel on my own. But I would be interested in traveling with a group for a while till I gain confidence and have sussed out the culture/food/facilities etc.

There are that many vans going over in winter, if anyone went to the Lidl in Algerciras and hung about, I am sure you could get the chat on with someone about to go and tag along. :thumb:
I dont think there is any particular issue with being a lone traveller, if you can do it in Spain then Morocco is no harder..

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
my advice is hook up with someone thats done it before and is confidant . the borders can be a bit of hassle . get insurance here in uk . might have to change companies . get ticket at carlo,s at polmones . near the lidl ,carrefour . head down the coast . it really doesnt warm up till away down . follow the sea . hug the coast . comeback either through the middle or the desert side or vary it . lots singles go. best time is just before xmas . about the 14th then leave middle of march when spain as warmed up. end march april can be windy and sand storms as the trade winds come north . have a good one .
if taking a dog make sure it as a blood test result and look after the certificate .

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
hoping to go to morocco jan 2014 for three months?

just to say thanks to everybody for your replys i am just learning to use the computer so please bear with us if i am slow in my reply we hope to go the first week in jan 2014 for about 90days i shall do my best to keep in touch with the people going thanks again marjohn

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Slight change of plan.......
Gwen started looking for a Motorhome with an island bed as she finds the climb into the transverse fixed bed a bit of a struggle with her bad back. She spotted what she thought was the perfect van (another Rapido as it happens) until I pointed out we would have to sell the house so we could afford it.
That was it - she took that to mean I was prepared to consider selling the house. I wasn't , I just meant we couldn't afford the van she had spotted. However using that strange women's logic (is there such a thing?) she decided that she would look for a bungalow. I suppose you could say that a bungalow is just a very large Motorhome with an island bed but without the wheels!
Minutes later she had arranged viewings on bungalows and within a few days we had an offer accepted on a nice property quite close to our youngest daughter.
Of course the said bungalow will have every single internal wall removed so the layout can be changed and an extension added which will increase the floor space by about 50%
So, we won't be setting out on 2nd October after all as we need to get the legal issues completed and planning permission dealt with before we depart.
Planning now to leave early January and still cross over to Morocco around 15 January.
We will start work on site when we get home in April and live in the van while the work is carried out.
Hope to see lots of you in Lidl car park on 14/1/14

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just got the Vicarious Books Marocco book. Now I've been very critical of their early French Aires book - "all the aires" - nonsense, but this Morocco one is pretty decent with a lot of useful data.

FUN might be better but the book is always on line.

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Just got the Vicarious Books Marocco book. Now I've been very critical of their early French Aires book - "all the aires" - nonsense, but this Morocco one is pretty decent with a lot of useful data.

FUN might be better but the book is always on line.

Are you thinking of going brian:thumb:1

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Still like to go to morocco

Looking at the posts that have being going on lately it seem obvious that many funsters are thinking a morocco adventure :RollEyes:

I sure am looking at departing after Christmas and returning late march 2014

So who else is thinking same with a view to traveling down together or meeting up down there mayby running home together :thumb:

Not to forget Spain with the other group in march on what will be our return run home

Just a thought ?:Cool:
hello peter Elaine I am up for it just go with the flow still looking for the reply you sent me thanks marjohn

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Hoping to go to morocco in jan2014

this sounds perfect for me, I would love to go over to Morocco but I travel on my own so would rather go in a group. I was planning to leave the UK around November/December and winter away in Spain - but count me in for Morocco. Went a few years ago (flight etc) and loved it

note to self must stock up on immodium!

Hello there have you been before if so how do you go about buying gas I have one refillable one and one calor gas will that cause a problem also where do you leave from to go to morocco many thanks marjohn

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hello there have you been before if so how do you go about buying gas I have one refillable one and one calor gas will that cause a problem also where do you leave from to go to morocco many thanks marjohn

Simples, buy a local regulator and cylinder. Maybe leave the calor behind to leave space.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Marjohn.... Dont panic on the gas.. You can fill at Algerciras in Spain before you go and depending on how long you stay you may not use it anyway.. I went for a month and only used half of a Spanish bottle....
Send me a PM with your email.. I have just done a written guide based on our trip, you can have a read and see what you think...

Actually forget the PM.. Try this..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyr7vha0a12eadv/Morocco getting there info.rtf

Last edited:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Marjohn.... Dont panic on the gas.. You can fill at Algerciras in Spain before you go and depending on how long you stay you may not use it anyway.. I went for a month and only used half of a Spanish bottle....
Send me a PM with your email.. I have just done a written guide based on our trip, you can have a read and see what you think...

That's a great piece Tonka. It's reminded me of good times. We were a bit apprehensive before we went last year and that lasted for a couple of weeks. Now of course we realise we had nothing to fear and I can't wait to go again. We will be at Lidl round about 8th Jan. In the meantime looking forward to meeting up at Lincoln.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

Check out the the 2013 on the new posts thread about gas bottles ,

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
I'm travelling down with Kaybee leaving UK about 23rd Jan which will mean we will only get to the meeting point about the end of the month. Are there any others who are leaving after the main party that we can travel with?

So looking forwrd to it! Need to do a span of saving before then though! :roflmto: It's been suggested that I get my motorhome resprayed while I am over there. Anyone any idea of what price this could be?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If there are no funsters going at that time then I am sure you will find some Brits or other English speaking ie Dutch that once you have had a chat with will let you follow along...
There are vans there all the time on the car park.

Most of the info is in the 2013 thread and once any of the original 2013 group go over we will all no doubt be online to help out if required. Plus other Morocco veterans will be around :thumb:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Oh no here we go again lol :thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
WATCH OUT !!

TAGINE MAN has woken up, sure he Hibernates until it's Morocco time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hello Chris..

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017

Excellent Steve. Will save newbies trawling through the whole thread to find the answers. Maybe Jim could make this a "sticky" somewhere appropriate.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Hello Tonka and the 2013 Moroccan gang, yes been hibernating and working hard up here in London ish for the CCC. No comment esp on here lol.

Looking forward to going back to Spain in November, I have bought a small car to get about and just bought a trailer so will prob be taking it down there this winter. As for Morocco hmmmm not sure but I am tempted ? :Doh:
Think this time if I went it will be a dash south to get the warm weather first off, then come north later, esp as my contract next year might not start until May?

Oh bugger you got me planning it already, go away hahahaha :thumb:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Common chris get yourself organised you know you want to go back . You must have sold all your tagines,bynow....

If i am mustafagasbottle you must have been mustafamoretagines .

It is going to be a long cold winter and dont forget you are getting older .. lol

See you in algecirious or better stilll benidorm ...........

SUGGY

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010

Excellent guide Tonks, but I would add one thing regarding the immigration.
As we found out, first time visitors have to leave their MH at the customs and the 'main driver' has to take their passports to the local police station which is about 200 meters or so towards the porta-cabins.
There they put your details on their computer and, believe it or not, write in biro over the number that was stamped in it on the boat, This, apparently, proves on your return to the customs officer, that you have actually registered at the police station.
Also a word of warning, the police station is on the first floor of the building and in the concourse below are a number of touts trying to sell you currency at a so called 'good' rate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back