Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
be more worried if uk etc start backing shia in iraq.
most of africa is sunni muslims .
inc morocco. the isis army are sunni .
think going there this year is out of the question .

I didn't imagine it after all :)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
having been there three times when trouble in maroc happened i wouldnt be surprised if the throwing of stones etc starts up again .
the sunnies dont like the shia . its been a problem for years . it seems to me isis are trying to get rid of shia ,s . but the west backs the shia .
might be wrong but if uk does go in more or get too involved ,there is a big maroc resistance to the shia .
there were riots and police stations burnt only a few years ago .
as far as the ebola i dont think thats too much to worry about .

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Okay, I am up and running again after a minor problem re posting here.
I will continue to watch this thread with interest as we are still fairly committed to going to Morocco in 2015, hopefully with a group of similar minded people.
I realize that there is the potential for trouble within Morocco but who would have thought that a trip to the Twin Towers would be dangerous a number of years ago !
I worked for a good number of years in the Middle East whilst there was a number of problems in the area and I only once felt slightly conspicuous and all my own fault really as we had been advised not to go down town.
Each one of us have their own decisions to make and should anyone feel threatened or unsafe in a situation then surely they wouldnot be contemplating going wherever.
Count me in,
Regards,

Norman.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
To MarJohn

Hi Margeret and John

Yes we are fine thanks and yes we got the awning fixed along with one or two other probe we were having. The awning fault was down to a failed relay located behind the operating switch. The low 12V battery alarm was down to a 50A in-line fuse located close to the starter battery which hadn't blown but simply fracture we suspect due to vibration.

Hope to see you in Maroc subject to there being no world Muslim uprising, pox epidemics or ebola preventing us from going in 2015.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Planning to go in dec this year.
Thanks to steve and andrew for holding our hands for the first couple of days last year, been looking forward to the next trip since we got back.
Hope to meet a few funsters as they trickle over as I reckon the interest generated by the 2014 thread will boost numbers visiting.
Roll on the visit to carlos office

Costa Warrior

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,
Can you still stop at The Kasbah Hotel Tombouctu, Merzouga with a M/H as there's no mention of the facilities on their website.

OP
OP
CherryPirate
Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
Hi,
Can you still stop at The Kasbah Hotel Tombouctu, Merzouga with a M/H as there's no mention of the facilities on their website.
Hi Costa Warrior

You need to post your question on the Morocco 2015 thread....more chance of getting an answer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back