Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Van ready..
Grandkids been filled up at Pizzahut.::bigsmile:

Having a final relax before our late night departure at around 9.30pm tonight. Meeting with Polarbear Wednesday (tomorrow) morning who is currently at Wissant aire. Then down to Benidorm for a 2 night stopover.
Look forward to seeing everyone down at Algeciras on the 15th..... :thumb:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Weather update

Hot for the next 10 days at least, 20 ish here 23 Marrakesh, get ya skates on.
Theonlysue and myself probably leaving cabopino on Saturday to stay at the new campsite La Balla Vista, after a day visit yesterday, cracking 4 star site.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hot for the next 10 days at least, 20 ish here 23 Marrakesh, get ya skates on.
Theonlysue and myself probably leaving cabopino on Saturday to stay at the new campsite La Balla Vista, after a day visit yesterday, cracking 4 star site.:thumb:

I will be looking for a 1 night stay for next Monday before we meet.
Not been down any of that area near Costa Del Sol. May try Cabopino as I understand it's ACSI so can use my new card... If you go to that new site, see if they can do any "specials" for a 1 nighter. 2 vans, 4 adults and we could make our way there.. :thumb:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Just had a phone call from my mate down there he has negotiated a price with the site manager of 18 euros a night for people who want to try it out, When i get there on Saturday will see if he will do the same for you for Monday night, its a better site than Cabopino even if you pay the 22 euros its worth it. Short walk to the Marina for dinner at one of the many restaurants overlooking the yachts. Bliss :thumb::Cool:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
If you are coming down from Benidorm via A7 our Tomtom say the road is closed. In fact, a bridge has collapsed and there is a small deviation around it. Hope this helps. :Smile:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Anybody had experience of buying temporary vehicle insurance in Morocco ?

Just been informed by my insurers here in Spain that cover is limited to 3rd Party and is for a maximum of 14 days !!! Knew about the 3rd Party bit but the news about the time limit came as a great shock....... just as well that I phoned today. Dave (Snowbird) did mention in the original thread that he bought insurance in Tangier... but under the circumstances do not want to mail him.
Any comments or advice welcome.

Regards, Bryan

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Bryan, Insurance is available 3rd party as you get off the boat in Tangier. There are several offices there, some insurance and some money exchange. Sorry cant help with the exact price, but 130 euros for 3 months sticks in my head.

ValinFrance

Free Member
Nov 1, 2011
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hello
I am pretty sure that Juan Carlos offers insurance as well as ferry tickets from his office in Algeciras.... may be worth asking him.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Bryan, Insurance is available 3rd party as you get off the boat in Tangier. There are several offices there, some insurance and some money exchange. Sorry cant help with the exact price, but 130 euros for 3 months sticks in my head.

Hi Dave, many many thanks for taking the time to respond to my comments particularly bearing in mind your recent bereavement. Anna & me hope that, in the weeks and months ahead, you are able to find the strength to endure the unendurable, you will be in our thoughts in the weeks ahead.

Best wishes, Bryan (& Anna)

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Hi Dave, many many thanks for taking the time to respond to my comments particularly bearing in mind your recent bereavement. Anna & me hope that, in the weeks and months ahead, you are able to find the strength to endure the unendurable, you will be in our thoughts in the weeks ahead.

Best wishes, Bryan (& Anna)

I second that.

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Wish I was part of this adventure

Unfortunately can't come on this trip as won't be arriving in UK from Australia till April '13 but best of luck to you all. Will be following your progress carefully and keep the tips coming re good places to see and stay at.:Smile:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Bellavista

Hola Moroccan Funsters

Parked up at La Bellavista pitch 93.

Decided to go straight to Bellavista and then rest for 4/5 days before meeting at Aljericas. If you decide to come this way the coordinates are n 36.346168 w 5.236539.

€24 per night all in. Incl of elec, wi-fi and TV which has the Discovery Channel and Euro News in English! plus 50 non English channels.

Not cheap but right on the beach, great view, shops and restaurants nearby - along the beach then over a main road. Very clean - new site. Site restaurant closed. Warm welcome.

Time for a beer now.....

Andrew and Carol

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Some photos for you

4/5 mins walk along the beach we found numerous inviting small village restraurants. We like this place - La Bella Vista - Manilva!

Attachments

• Bellavista hard standing 10-1-13.jpg
    Bellavista hard standing 10-1-13.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Bellavist2 10-1-13.jpg
    Bellavist2 10-1-13.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Bellavista 10-1-13.jpg
    Bellavista 10-1-13.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Morocco

Hola Moroccan Funsters

Parked up at La Bellavista pitch 93.

Decided to go straight to Bellavista and then rest for 4/5 days before meeting at Aljericas. If you decide to come this way the coordinates are n 36.346168 w 5.236539.

€24 per night all in. Incl of elec, wi-fi and TV which has the Discovery Channel and Euro News in English! plus 50 non English channels.

Not cheap but right on the beach, great view, shops and restaurants nearby - along the beach then over a main road. Very clean - new site. Site restaurant closed. Warm welcome.

Time for a beer now.....

Andrew and Carol

Hi, I think if you refer to an earlier posting by crizatuk, i think he has negotiated Eur 18 a night :ROFLMAO:

S

ValinFrance

Free Member
Nov 1, 2011
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sooo jealous - this time last year we were about to head south.... have a look at some pics I just uploaded, you lucky people who are going!!

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
Sorry to say we will not be joining the convoy to Morocco as my driving licence still has not arrived for which I applied for in person on the 15th November last year[Thats the Spanish authorities for you] maybe we might be able to meet up later, we were so looking forward to the trip, so enjoy yourselves, we will be following you on the forum.

Mick and Jan

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to say we will not be joining the convoy to Morocco as my driving licence still has not arrived for which I applied for in person on the 15th November last year[Thats the Spanish authorities for you] maybe we might be able to meet up later, we were so looking forward to the trip, so enjoy yourselves, we will be following you on the forum.

Mick and Jan

Sorry indeed to hear that guys.

Have you been in, personal, contact with Trafico since you made application? Personally, I might be tempted to chance it if you have a copy of the application.... been driving here for 10 years and never had to produce a licence. Do not know if licence needed entering/leaving Morocco. Try talking to your local Guardia.

Hope to see you at some point

Regards, Bryan

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
We were thinking of going without proper licence [all I have now is a stamped receipt from Traffico] I contacted Bitish Consualte in Morocco and was advised not to risk it.

Mick

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
We were thinking of going without proper licence [all I have now is a stamped receipt from Traffico] I contacted Bitish Consualte in Morocco and was advised not to risk it.

Mick

The best people to ask are your local Guardia Civil not the Consulate which will always be cautious in their advice. Show your receipt to the Guardia. Last time my licence was due, I employed a "gestoria" to do it for me and he said to carry his official receipt in case I was stopped. The Guardia are not the devils they are often painted, ask their advice. It is the same as the old UK saying "it's in the post Guv!" ....... give it a go. This of course only applies in Spain..... Morocco is a different situation.

Regards, Bryan

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Your driving licence does not need to be produced on entry to Morocco and although I have on occasion been stopped for paperwork checks and on one occasion stopped for speeding I have never been asked to show my licence or insurance or MOT. I have been asked to show my passport and logbook though. Am sure most Moroccans don't even hold a driving licence. On the one occasion I was stopped for speeding I was "fined" a bottle of red wine.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Camping Bella Vista

FYI

Rudi - we think the owner of Bella Vista, has said it is €18 per night for MotorhomeFUN members. This includes electric and wifi, tv. That is a €6 discount.

Apparently, Carlos can also come to the site to sort tickets etc out for the crossing to Morocco. Finally, someone refills gas bottles on site - including UK butane.

:thumb:

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Two Morocco bound Funsters, Tonka and Polarbear, arrived at Villasol, Benidorm today. They will be stopping here for two nights and will be heading further south on Monday.

Brisey.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Bellavista

Just to confirm the manager Rudie who is Swedish with a strong Yorkshire accent? :ROFLMAO: has said Motorhome Fun lot for Morocco will pay 18 Euro a night all in.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Very sorry to hear you are not able to join us at the moment. :cry: Hope your licence arrives soon so can come over soon :thumb:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
nobody there

We moved along from Benalmadena to Cabopina today but both Crizatuk and TheOnlySue had left an hour earlier. (Who told them we were on our way?) Caught up with them at Bella Vista. Now pitched up with them, Mr Motorhome and Suggy. It's all coming together :thumb:

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
MORNING ALL... ! HOLA !!
As Brisey mentioned, Polarbear (Graham and Jayne) and ourselves had a good trip down from Calais. Arrived at Villasol, Benidorm saturday lunchtime. For information we followed Suggy's idea and asked for a special price and flashed our ACSI cards... Got €16 a night, no electric but we got plenty of charge in the batteries.:thumb:

We are here for tonight and then will move on down Monday morning,,

Mickeymouse.. Sorry you cant make the trip but we will all no doubt give you the feedback so it will help if you make it another time.

** MODIFIED ** Sorry, if you read this earlier I said we will go to Bella vista.
Having looked at the distance we will not make it... Sticking with original plan and will be at Lidl car park on Tuesday 15th as per original idea.. :thumb:

Last edited:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
La Bella Vista, Autovia Del Mediterrano A7 km 142.8 , Manilva 29691 (Malaga) :thumb: Spain :ROFLMAO:

It's an excellent drive, great views also - should take around 6-7 hours from Villasol - I think. You have to pass the campsite on your left (to a roundabout) and come back on yourself to enter the site.

We drove down with one stop.

Have a good trip. :thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back