Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Oh I thought I read somewhere they where going over beginning of February?

well if anyone is going over about then would love to tag along even just for the going over bit? Bit daunting on your todd :pray: :RollEyes:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Oh I thought I read somewhere they where going over beginning of February?

well if anyone is going over about then would love to tag along even just for the going over bit? Bit daunting on your todd :pray: :RollEyes:

Top of page 11.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I'll be there

This is the final call for this winters Moroccan tour. Anyone else interested please let me know in the next few days please. We will be meeting up behind the Carrefour in Algeciras on 15/16 January.
If anyone would like a leisurely drive down through Europe we will be leaving Calais on 28 December.
This is the list of members meeting at Algeciras.
Snowbird.
Bryandh.
Nodrogski.
Tonka.
Cydersyd.
Gaudie.
Suggy.
Makems.

Cathryn and I would love to join in :thumb::thumb::thumb:. Please add us to the list.

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Moroccan tour.

Have been following this thread with interest, we are due in Bilboa 7th Jan,
probably heading for Bonterra Park, but Peter is interested in your tour.
We have a 28ft motorhome towing a crossways trailer with scooter. Do you think this size of vehicle is a bit big for Morocco and may be should we leave it until we downsize? Peter also can only cope with driving around 100/125 miles per day dependant on roads, longer on motorways but dont there are many of them. Would not feel confident enough to venture there solo
Regards

Hopefully we will have internet connection from time to time, so keep an eye on this thread to see where we are when you come over.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have been following this thread with interest, we are due in Bilboa 7th Jan,
probably heading for Bonterra Park, but Peter is interested in your tour.
We have a 28ft motorhome towing a crossways trailer with scooter. Do you think this size of vehicle is a bit big for Morocco and may be should we leave it until we downsize? Peter also can only cope with driving around 100/125 miles per day dependant on roads, longer on motorways but dont there are many of them. Would not feel confident enough to venture there solo
Regards

Hi, Regarding MH size. My MH is 6.8 metres towing a 4 metre trailer with my buggy on it, so I think you should be OK. From when we hit Morocco I rarely travel more than 100 miles per day, and often much less. I never travel after the hours of darkness in Morocco for obvious reasons. If you do decide to join in please PM me with your email add so I can update you.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This is the final call for this winters Moroccan tour. Anyone else interested please let me know in the next few days please. We will be meeting up behind the Carrefour in Algeciras on 15/16 January.
If anyone would like a leisurely drive down through Europe we will be leaving Calais on 28 December.
This is the list of members meeting at Algeciras.
Snowbird.
Bryandh.
Nodrogski.
Tonka.
Cydersyd.
Gaudie.
Suggy.
Makems.
Malcolm Bolt.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Don't do it, this is what happens.

You go off with Snowbird, all good intentions, and within weeks, he has sold you to some Arab Slave Trader and we will never hear from you again.

Don't do it, [HI]spend your money in the UK[/HI], Pontins/Butlins do a great deal...

Trust me...

This is a picture smuggled out by Amnesia International..
tumblr_le2aw6plAS1qchbjno1_500.jpg

GO TO Butlins...

Butlins-001.jpg
I knew you would come on board eventually.:Smile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have had several PMs re the price of the ferry from Algeciras to Tangier. Having spoken to Juan Carlos, its looking like somewhere in the region of 220 euros return for an open ticket. Am trying to get a discount on this if possible as we are looking like 10 vans going, but cant promise anything as yet, so don't hold me to it.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Update on ferry cost from Juan Carlos. 190 Euros return with a trailer travelling FREE :thumb:

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Malcolm Bolt.

Hi, If this is a trip that happens every year it might be best if I think about the next one - I have a compact motorhome too so a real tiddler compared to your RVs. I wonder if this would present probs with trying to store extra water & fuel etc..
Anyway, I reckon I have more to think about :Sad:

Have a fab time everyone. :party2:

Angie

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi, If this is a trip that happens every year it might be best if I think about the next one - I have a compact motorhome too so a real tiddler compared to your RVs. I wonder if this would present probs with trying to store extra water & fuel etc..
Anyway, I reckon I have more to think about :Sad:

Have a fab time everyone. :party2:

Angie

Hi Angie, There are many that travel Morocco with a 4X4 and sleep on the ground in a sleeping bag, so don't worry about size. Water is available everywhere as is fuel. We will NOT be setting off across the Sahara to Timbuktu even though have been to the place were the camel trains used to leave for this often thought of mythical place.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Ok I have decided to tag along with you lot if thats ok so you can add another to your list, at this rate you night have to reserve your on ferry!
I am in Cabopino between Fungirola and Marbella right on the A7 so if any of you are driving past pop in, will send you my email address for any updates.
One question I fancy going right down south past Agadia into the western Sahara disputed area, any thoughts on that!!

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ok I have decided to tag along with you lot if thats ok so you can add another to your list, at this rate you night have to reserve your on ferry!
I am in Cabopino between Fungirola and Marbella right on the A7 so if any of you are driving past pop in, will send you my email address for any updates.
One question I fancy going right down south past Agadia into the western Sahara disputed area, any thoughts on that!!

Hi, thanks for the interest, Have put you on the mailing list so all should become clear.
Regarding travelling south of Agadir, I have been south as far as Tantan but to be quite honest unless you are a lover of flies there is not much after Sidi Ifni on the coast. I do plan to return to Zagora down the Vallee du Draa, which is on the edge of the Sahara. Of course as I have said earlier,this is not a guided tour and if you or any others wish to travel further south or for that matter anywhere in Morocco you are of course at liberty to do so. Look forward to meeting up with you and will be sending emails of developments as they happen.

Nov 26, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
23 years
morroco

:winky: dont forget to take some cloths,toys or pens and paper for the kids as they are a lot poorer than us,will be going to morroco dec 1st so hope to see you all over there and have a safe journey down. :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
:winky: dont forget to take some cloths,toys or pens and paper for the kids as they are a lot poorer than us,will be going to morroco dec 1st so hope to see you all over there and have a safe journey down. :thumb:

Yes, but PLEASE don't throw anything out of the window to them whilst passing. It causes all sorts of problems for the next motorhomer that comes along.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Mick, Duly updated, now there are 11 :thumb:

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
Hi there,
We are currently in Spain, just south of Barcelona at the time of writing. The weather in the last 24 hours as turned a little cold and so our long term plan is to continue south and eventually cross over to Morroco. We aim to be there in approx three weeks, or sooner. Would be happy to meet up at a later stage with you ,albeit that we have to return to England for April.
As a point of interest, is anyone on there way there now...or leaving soon. And if so....where Are you headed? Are there any organised trips planned.
Cheers.
Hi Roamin 1329
Well we have done it. We have booked the ferry Dover Calaise, we sail this Saturday 17th November at 21.15 £34 we booked with the caravan club.
We plan to saill from Algacaras on Thursday 22/11, get on the motorway out of Tangier the take each day as it comes, never done it before, but there is a first time for everything.

Hope to see everyone there
Sue and Dave

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Roamin 1329
Well we have done it. We have booked the ferry Dover Calaise, we sail this Saturday 17th November at 21.15 £34 we booked with the caravan club.
We plan to saill from Algacaras on Thursday 22/11, get on the motorway out of Tangier the take each day as it comes, never done it before, but there is a first time for everything.

Hope to see everyone there
Sue and Dave

You two have a great trip. Hope we meet up at some point. If you get on the M/way from Tangier Med new port there is a filling station about 20 kms that take credit cards.
Leave your woods at home and get some bules. They will be more use to you.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If anyone needs a map.. I have just ordered one from here, seems the cheapest on ebay and says 2012.. !!

Link Removed

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
You two have a great trip. Hope we meet up at some point. If you get on the M/way from Tangier Med new port there is a filling station about 20 kms that take credit cards.
Leave your woods at home and get some bules. They will be more use to you.

Thanks Dave

Just a couple of questions, will we be able to fill the water up in Algecaras, where will be the earliest/easiest for us (38ft) to get a dongle plus phone card and will it be ok for us to e-mail you if we need any help :RollEyes:.
I will send you my e-mail address now. Soooooo looking forward to it, look at the time, I can't sleep :Eeek:

Hope to see you in Jan/Feb

Sue :Tongue1: & Dave :Cool:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks Dave

Just a couple of questions, will we be able to fill the water up in Algecaras, where will be the earliest/easiest for us (38ft) to get a dongle plus phone card and will it be ok for us to e-mail you if we need any help :RollEyes:.
I will send you my e-mail address now. Soooooo looking forward to it, look at the time, I can't sleep :Eeek:

Hope to see you in Jan/Feb

Sue :Tongue1: & Dave :Cool:

Hi Sue, I think you can get water ate the first filling station on the motorway, as long as you fuel up there. Its around 60p per litre and its about 20kms from Tangier Med, new port. If you pull into Asilah, which is about an hour from the port,you should get a dongle there. Follow the road closest to the sea as you come into Asilah and park on one of the guarded Aires, which is right next to the Medina and harbour. I have an unlocked one now from ebay,so just need the sim.
I have your email add and of course you can email me.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Solar Panels

Solar Panels

I here they are cheap to buy and fit over there, the previous owner had a 200 w fitted out there but took it off when i bought it, so will be looking into it esp if free camping.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Angie, There are many that travel Morocco with a 4X4 and sleep on the ground in a sleeping bag, so don't worry about size. Water is available everywhere as is fuel. We will NOT be setting off across the Sahara to Timbuktu even though have been to the place were the camel trains used to leave for this often thought of mythical place.

Thanks for this - it's sooooooooooo tempting. I've gone from 'go for it' to 'total dithering' - I'm really really new at this - not obvious is it! :Confused:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Solar Panels

I here they are cheap to buy and fit over there, the previous owner had a 200 w fitted out there but took it off when i bought it, so will be looking into it esp if free camping.

You can get a 80w system DIY fit in UK for under £150.. Not sure how it compares with Morocco but just keep a note of it. Enough vans come over to Spain that could drop one off for you i'm sure... :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks for this - it's sooooooooooo tempting. I've gone from 'go for it' to 'total dithering' - I'm really really new at this - not obvious is it! :Confused:

There are two schools of thought on many things in life. One is throw yourself in at the deep end and the other is take your time and give it plenty of thought before doing anything. I personally am in the first school, but am not saying that is right. Its got me into more bother than I care to think about. But what I can say for sure is I will never be an old infirm man wishing I had done something that I hadn't.
Take your time and think it out, there is no hurry, but if you do decide to join us there are plenty there that will help you. So its not like making a trip like this on your own.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back