Moroccan funsters in Portugal/Spain & France 2016 (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Still in gib.
Had a walk all the way round the rock today. Got halfway and there is a half mile tunnel and a sign "no pedestrians" so went thru and continued journey! Great views of all the caves and tunnels off when you walk thru, all looking like they were chipped out by hand.

Deffo going to Sanlucar tomoz even tho weather forecast isn't great. Wet weather plan is wine and films!

Just bought bigger hard drive so will be seeking out @Armytwowheels again for the rest of their films.

If we were still in maroc we couldn't get the wine and wouldn't need the films.

Still warm enough for me here in Spain but Lynne is wrapping up at 28°!!!

Ah, well, our plans have changed and we are not getting to Portugal until June now. We will be spending the whole of May not far from Gibralter though. We are on the coast not far from Aguilas at the moment.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Went and watched another local football game yesterday, it was veterans playing and a free entrance. I thought it was going to be totally crap because there were less than 20 supporters in the ground and 12 of them with with yours truly found themselves at the bar. Things got better when I purchased a plastic cup of wine handed over a euro and got 50 cents change. The teams came out hand shakes and photographs completed and the game got underway. All on a sand football pitch in a proper football stadium, probably built in the 40s -60s. Well, these old boys could play and I really enjoyed the game. Away side won 3 -2 and bar takings were up.
Weather has been crap for 2 days but at least it's warm. Today is dry, so far and Mena and I are chilling with books, films, walks, and good Portuguese wine and food.
This place is now very popular, having to que overnight to get into a slot the following morning but worth it. Several Brit here too.
20160417_111836.jpg
20160417_111827.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Done some reccy's on the Barragem list, been to a few where no longer available, also some where roads not fit for Vans 4x4's be ok
Yesterday we stopped at Barragem de Arade, there are a few places to park up here, today we went to the Bartolomue de Messines Aire to use the empting and check it out for future, then onto Barragem do Funcho , had a coffee, the stop is not actually the co-ords I got its a 300m across the bridge on the flat ground, we are now at Barragem de Santa Clara there are two here this is noted as the best in the list, we are the only ones here, will keep you all posted also updating the list as we go, heading towards Beja and the 4 Barragems close there tomorrow
DSCN3576.JPG

DSCN3577.JPG

DSCN3575.JPG

Barragem de Arade

DSCN3593.JPG

DSCN3594.JPG

Barragem do Funcho

DSCN3613.JPG

DSCN3609.JPG

Barragem de Santa Clara.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Can recommend barragem due roxo we stopped 2 days on way down n37deg56'08.8" w8deg04'51.8" no services thou

Thanks Al-Di we were planning that after we do Barragem Monte da Rocha,
Any fire pits there?

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Didn't, see any but Barbie's on the beach there is a tap but not drinking water

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Now joined by Carol & Ian, it's a small world. They send there warmer regards to all the Funsters they were with in Moroc.
Another dry and warm day. Will change tomorrow though, it's going to be a case of batten down the hatches for most in Spain and Portugal...............again !

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Left a very happy Carol and Ian behind us yesterday (Ian got his fishing license and the carp and other fish are about to get a shock!)
Went to the Aire in Caceres, rammed is an understatement, motorhomes are parked everywhere including restricted areas for coaches only. Me thinks the plod will put a stop to that the moment a big coach finds all the bays full and some with motorhomes.
Great place Caceres and fully understand why so many people want to stop there.
20160421_081836.jpg
20160421_083103.jpg
20160421_090641.jpg
20160421_091709.jpg

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Well the Barragem tour is ongoing, so far visited 11, just a note the co-ords on the list are taken from the bridge/dam itself on 90% of them, we have stayed at 6 of the ones we have visited, some of the lakes we have found a few places to wild, staying at a cracker today at Barragem Campilhas, also updating the list with correct co-ords and comments and with nearby service points, we have about 20 or more we will visit before leaving Portugal,in mid May. We are then heading to Valencia then slowly north, pics to follow! Safe travels home Phil&Mena, Be Lucky

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Marc.
You updating these on camper contact?
We are at Rota, at the spot you put on the site(camper contact) re moving nearer the beach.

See you in a barragem!!!

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Marc.
You updating these on camper contact?
We are at Rota, at the spot you put on the site(camper contact) re moving nearer the beach.

See you in a barragem!!!

No not all of them only if they are already on there, we will put Barragem de Roxo on tho, Arade is already on CC. I am updating our lists with comments, We are at a fantastic one at the mo got here yesterday, will stop another day Barragem Campilhas 37.84037 -8.62038
is where we are parked now, you can park at the top end of the dam or near the water where we are,
DSCN3639.JPG

Barragem Vale de Gaio

DSCN3613.JPG

Barragem Santa Clara

DSCN3638.JPG

Barragem Odivelas

DSCN3647.JPG

DSCN3648.JPG
Barragem Pago do Alto lots of places to park here, upper and lower levels and far end of the dam, good restaurant and bar toilet empty water and hot showers.

DSCN3630.JPG

Barragem de Roxo

DSCN3621.JPG
Barragem Monte De Rocha

DSCN3661.JPG

Barragem Fonte Serne

DSCN3665.JPG

DSCN3666.JPG

Barragem Campilhas

We stopped at a few more to look at, but they were uninspiring not my cup of tea

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Rained this morning brightening up a bit now
DSCN3673.JPG

Ghastly view from the window:)

DSCN3668.JPG

DSCN3669.JPG

Went in for a paddle myself, water was warm(y)
As I said in an earlier post the co-ords on the list I gave you will only get you to the Barragem, use google maps to find park up spots

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Now at Le Crotoy, France and freezing my nuts off. It's only 8 degrees and wet and grey too. Forcast for next few days is.......shit followed by more shit lol.
Found the port store at Irun recommended by Carol and Ian, there are several caves here in a semicircle all selling discounted alcohol and fags. We decided not to go for the 25 lts of port and purchased 2 x 5 lts jugs for 13.70 a jug. This will keep me going along with the several boxes of local Portuguese I purchased. All in all about a years supply for me so very happy with that and will definitely stop there when heading South next year.
Guy's , brim in Spain before crossing into France, we're finding fuel averaging 1.04 although you can get it a little cheaper in some places but not frequent enough for my liking.
The cost of French Aires has increased too. Now 7 euros to stop at Le Crotoy for 24 hours. A smashing place to but the Aire has only a dozen or so motorhomes on it today, I guess many are using the free parking in the area which is in decline from what I can see. We will stay here another 24 hrs then move up to one of the free Aires which I expect to be rammed.
Crossing over on Friday and unlikely to post again before crossing so just a quick thank you from Mena and I to one and all. Another memorable adventure.
Marc, keep that list up to date and perhaps I can obtain a copy when it's complete.
Safe Travels.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Well we have moved on around the lake 40km near a town called Luz not far from Mourao and a stones throw to Spain another great spot not on the list

DSCN3796.JPG

The lake is teaming with fish, some about 18" long

DSCN3797.JPG
DSCN3799.JPG
DSCN3800.JPG
DSCN3799.JPG
DSCN3800.JPG

A decent fisherman "Phil" would bag a few

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yes Marc, your so right. Incidently, Ian managed to get his fishing licence for Portugal. Bit of a mare as he had to go to Merton and complete forms then return 2 days later to collect license.
We saw some big fish in the lake and now that the fishing season has started he is going to fish his head off.
Now on a free Aire at Merlimont plage, will head up to Wis sant today and into City Europe tomorrow for some final shopping before crossing over Friday morning.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Today see's us back on the gem trail in Portugal
tonight's stop at Barragem da Vigia
DSCN3853.JPG

DSCN3854.JPG

DSCN3856.JPG

This is another great spot, went in for a swim earlier.
This is the 18th Barragem we have visited with plenty more to tick off,
By the way has anyone heard from Darren & Lin ?

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
This is the 18th Barragem we have visited with plenty more to tick off,
By the way has anyone heard from Darren & Lin ?

Just chillin'
Landed at Castro Marim sunday.
Did Worten at Tavira -cheers mate - for MEO card (how do you check remaining credit/data, and can you top up online?)
Then went back to Altura. Nice beach aire.
Moving sat to Manta Rota for weekend washing session. Top up and empty then prob back to Altura.
All good intentions of heading north to the big puddles but promised ourselves a meal at Faz Gusto in Faro first.
Will post again when we start heading inland!
Keeping notes on your updates, carry on 'gemming!!!

D n L - topping up the tan.

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Now at Barragem do Divor, visited 2 others but not suitable, maybe we have been spoiled lol
We have visited so much of Portugal that we would never have seen, although some of the villages we have been thru you could get a fag paper between us and objects:LOL:

DSCN3871.JPG

Todays evening stop over.
DSCN3865.JPG

Our vista for this evening;)

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Darren, Sam here, if you wish to find out your remaining credit and expiry date of the credit you will need to create an on-line MEO account. It is in Portuguese, but is quite straightforward and once registered you can login anytime to view your credit balance.

Go to www.meo.pt/cliente
Click on Registo
Enter your email, full name and a password, confirm password
Type in the text in the box
Tick the box to accept T&Cs
Click on Registar
You will get message saying Obrigado por se registar
Click on "Ir para area de cliente"
On the page that loads headed up O Meu Perfil click on Registar um telemovel ou internet movel
Continuar

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Sorry Darren don't know what happened there?
you next need to type in the original 4 digit pin from the plastic card the sim came in.
Ignore the "codigo SMS" unless you have you have forgotten your pin, in which case they will send your MiFi an SMS with the pin.
Click on Continuar
You can then rename your device if you wish from Internet Movel to Sam Mifi or whatever you want
Click on the accept T&C and Registar

They will send you an email click on the Confirmar Registo link.
You will be taken back to the MEO site, enter your password and confirmar
Click on "Ir para area de cliente"
Your credit will be shown under "Saldo" in Euros (same as Gb) and the expiry date.
As far as I can make out, you cannot top up online unless you have a Portuguese bank account but you can do it in Worten shops same deal 15 euros 15gb 15 days, this runs from the day you recharge not the day the existing ones runs out

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
@horshamjack
Thanks Sam. Thats great for checking the balance. I also read that you need a local bank a/c to do it online.

I have put my email etc in but only got as far as entering number, but I have only the sim number on the back of the card and its not happy with that. Was it on the back of the sleeve?
Going to tavira monday so will pop into worten.

I paid €15 for the card so may just buy a couple more so I can put a new one in instead of finding somewhere to top up.

See you on the road.

Darren n Lynne

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Darren yes the 9 digit number you need for the top up is only printed on the cardboard sleeve the card comes in. Luckily when I bought my first one in Peniche the shop assistant was very helpful and spoke good English and explained not to lose the number. No one else since has mentioned it when I have bought one. It's just as easy to buy a new one however you have to do the online registration again each time using a different email address. I did see however today there was an option to add anew device so this may work if you want to obtain your balance online with a new sim. Hope this helps. Message us if you need any further help.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Now at Barragem do Divor, visited 2 others but not suitable, maybe we have been spoiled lol
We have visited so much of Portugal that we would never have seen, although some of the villages we have been thru you could get a fag paper between us and objects:LOL:

View attachment 103631
Todays evening stop over.
View attachment 103632
Our vista for this evening;)

We spent a. Very happy 4 days there about 5 years ago. We were the only van there and only saw the occasional local visiting to have a picnic or to fish.
Most of the blokes fishing were round by the dam catching nowt but a cold. We parked right at the far end round the corner and the fish were jumping out of the water all day. Sometimes it sounded like a round of applause as they all slapped back down in the water!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back