Moroccan funsters in Portugal/Spain & France 2016

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by horshamjack, Apr 7, 2016.

1. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Just started this thread for the peeps that are going to meander back thru Portugal, Spain etc and not to clog up the Morocco thread, so you can fill your boots here Phil with your pix:D
    We are In Pera at the mo getting a few things sorted? I have read that the MEO data cards have increased will find out when we drop into a shop soon

• Like Like x 6
  2. TerryL

TerryL Funster

Great idea Marc!

Is that the Pera where Mikkis Place is? Is it still open or have the competition managed to get it shut down? When we were there it looked like they were going to have to close half of the site.

Edit. Oh yes, see from the Morocco 2016 thread.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Al-Di

Al-Di Funster

were coming down on saturday09/04/2016 couple of things to sort at Pedrogoa Grande then down to pedro's place at the weekend for a week then where ever(y)(y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Yes still open Terry, it appears they may still have to close half the site!! they will know this coming week, it's a shame really a lot of work has gone into the place as you are aware. I think they have resigned themselves to this much the pity,
    We're still here at Mikki's got two new front tyres fitted today, awaiting another garage to get back to me re my sticking calliper on nearside brakes, could be here a few more days before the Barragems;)

5. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Btw MEO is still 15e for 15bg for 15 days

• Like Like x 2
  6. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

Biga gytes Mark ????

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Busman

Busman Funster

Will be there first week in May, first stop Camperserve :-(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dazzlin

Dazzlin Funster Life Member

We will not be allowed to post on this thread for another week or so.

Still in maroc!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Yes Ken you get 15 of them :(
    Tell ya wot tho the wine is bloody good here:ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 3
  10. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

We was there 2 days ago, very busy, I'd email them Dave so they know you are coming on a particular day, just a thought(y)

11. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Bloody rub it in !!!!:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

I have put the camera away Mark. We are still at Prai de Rocha and enjoying it very much. There is a couple of Germans setting up a Motorhome Shop here, been at for a few days now and it looks like it's going to be the bees knees when it's done. He let me have a look at his catalogue book and it's mega. I think he might be starting a Franchise for one of the big German company's the book has everything in it you could want and I suspect he can get any item delivered to site very quickly. A Bit pricey though, saw exact same seats we bought in the UK are definitely more expensive in his catalogue.
    Our plan going forward is to stay here till at least Monday then head to Mina San Demingos and take it from there, either way we will be heading Northwards with a plan to arrive at Irun on 22nd and then onwards to Calais from there crossing on the 29th.
    It would be good to see you or any other Funster at Mina San Demingos, there are none here that I've come across yet although one or two brits but mostly French. Apparently, this site has done very well since beginning of January with a lot of French and Dutch overwintering here. There is probably 150 odd motorhomes still here.
    Your right about the wine, a large glass for 1 € at the on site bar and we have a wine o'clock every day. Going walk about in the town today and tomorrow, Camp-site boss has promised me the Man U game on the big TV in the bar and it should be a good game. We will do well to beat Spurs at their home ground I think.
    How's Sam, Mena was asking for here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Hi Phil & Mena
    We're still at Mikki's trying to sort out a mechanic to do my brake calliper? we are hoping to get away Mon if it can be sorted!!
    The same German guy was here at Mikki's for quite some time. I had a brochure of his chucked in away few days ago while sorting the van and getting all the Moroccan dust out, never bloody ending.
    I believe that James an English chap, he used to work here at Mikki's is giving him an hand to set up, Max did not get along strangely enough with the Germans dogs:D they are a nice couple tho, he used to do work on the vans and his wife worked in the shop.
    I doubt we will hit Minas as we were there last year and we are looking at doing the Barragems through the centre on the way up north, We will be heading over to Peniche so I can get my Gnashers sorted 3 nice aires there and a municipal campsite, if our paths don't cross from here in, it was great being the Lead driver all the way from Ouarzzarte to Meknes till you took over in Meknes for 12km and got lost in Moulay Idriss:LOL::LOL: all jokes aside, enjoyed our 8 days travelling together(y) safe travels fella, love to Mena, enjoy the rest of the journey home, keep us posted pics welcome any size lol don't worry bout Terry
    Be Lucky
    Marc Sam n Maxwell
    Tip for today Holywell;) EW heard it here first

14. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Yes, same guy's and James works like a trojan all day long. Hope you get your brakes sorted and we look forward to the next time we meet.
    Safe Travels.

15. Busman

Busman Funster

Thanks Marc with a C, emailed Camperserve today for a spot first week May, is Mikki's a good place to stop for there was looking at Armacao de Pera or Pedro's and how the tyres rate compared to here. Plan after that is to move inland for a couple of weeks then meeting friends 21st Lagos so any good spots appreciated.
    Cheers all from a very hot Marrakech
    Dave & Maggie
    Inshallah

• Like Like x 1
  16. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Give our regards to James and Ady is Gf we had a good drink with them the last night we were in Mikki's in Jan
    Look forward to meeting up along the road somewhere along the line
    Marc n Sam

• Like Like x 1
  17. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Got two Bridgestone balanced n fitted for €160 each worked out £211 so nobad looked at campers but after reading countless threads on here and everywhere else I just went with normal 215/70R C15,s contrary to what SherpaPhil told me :)
    Mikki's is nice place, right up your street will keep u posted on the Barragems,

18. Busman

Busman Funster

Thanks Marc and Phil is it the same lady as last year with the deep voice serving on site, Hello to Mena
    Dull here today suppose to lift by 12.00
    Cheers all and Happy Trails

• Like Like x 1
  19. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Same here Dave, had rain this morning but moving back into warm dry weather again, very pleasant. Just met up with Jack and Angie who we met at Pedro's last year. Agreed to meet in bar for Man U game. Watched Arsenal game yesterday, fantastic. West Ham were robbed.
    Mena sends her love to you both.

20. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Sorry Dave that was supposed to be 130 euro each not 160 doh Mitchelins 150 and firestones 117euros