morning all (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2015
east devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer b674
Exp
since 2013
Hi we are Andrew and Jacqui (well she is fast asleep atm), and have been viewing motorhomefun for a little time now.

We have an old creaky, unreliable but loads of fun compass drifter(crystal) , which we bought to see if we would like the lifestyle or would such close proximity to each other = divorce.

It hasn't and to cut a long storey short, the plan is to leave the rat race sort of behind in 18 months time and travel Europe in a motorhome for the majority of the year, do a couple of months locum work July/August each year to top up the funds. We hope to be able to do this for a number of years. Rent the house out and not tell the kids where we're going.

So will be buying a newish lhd motorhome next year and planning, so will be a veritable sponge absorbing as much info to help us and at some stage hopefully be able to reciprocate with helpfully advice.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome. Sounds like you have a great plan. Similar to ours except we spent too much money in our first year so I have had to send Colin back out to work for a couple of months. (y)
:welc:

dac5

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
york
Funster No
MH
peugeot boxer
Exp
march 2014
Sounds great good luck and welcome.
Dean

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Hi & welcome to fun you are in the right place for plenty of helpful advice

:welc:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN. You've joined the best motorhome forum in the world and get your annual subscription back in advise alone. Good luck in your great adventure. (y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:welc:That really is a plan........ not unlike Armytwowheels a couple of years ago and they've pulled it off. Now Andrew could I respectfully suggest that you wake Jacqui gently and inform her of her plans so that she can take some of the credit too!

Huge welcome, join us all on one or two meets before choosing your "ideal" layout, it could save you a fortune..... Griff

ps . Love the handle but feel you really should explain why......

OP
OP
eleanor rigby
Jul 25, 2015
east devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer b674
Exp
since 2013
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome, will definitely get to some meets and am especially keen for advice from armytwowheels choose post I recently followed regarding importing a van from Germany, and others who have done likewise.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi also .also from Devon why not pop along to the Ilfracombe meet 7th August a few spaces there and a good first meet (y)
giphy.gif

Also imported from Germany

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and welcome from :france:
My van and I are both old and creaky but have loads of fun.
Know you will have here also.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back