more trailer tales of woe (1 Viewer)

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi guys, after having changed my spare tyre, on my trailer last weekend, my tales of woe, did not end there. i was in daves motorhomes yesterday morning, and decided to check my trailer over before i made a dash for the boat to ireland, anyway i get to the wheel that i changed, and see that , the tyre had a massive split in the tread, if i blinked i would have missed it, i shudder to think what would happen if i was on the motorway and had a blow out at high speed, especialy on a trailer. anyways i ended up buying two new tyres for the back axle, as the two on the front are good, but from now on, when i check my tyres in future, i will also check the spare, it also pays to check you have the right tyres on your trailer, they must be 8 ply or more and either trailer tyres, or commercial, as the payload is important when you load a trailer.hope this info is of some use to you,
:thumb::thumb::thumb:also posted on rvoc.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
A four ale won't go out of control if you have a blow-out, so don't panic if you do - more than likely won't even notice it! I had a few whilst doing recovery of the years, you only notice it because you are constantly looking. If you get stuck without a spare, always remove the blown one and run on three at a reduced speed though, as it will take your arch out.

Single ale ones are a little different and will go everywhere - but I always say prevention is better than cure!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back