More staff than visitors!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cal54, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

I am currently on the CC at Southport, just me and my dog Dillon, a few days away just chilling the 2 of us after the seasons festivities. Hard to believe but there are only 4 units on the whole site!! We are having a great time, no need for a coat, and Dillon is getting loads of exercise playing with all the other dogs in the park. Needless to say he has had to get bathed everyday because of the state he comes back in!

I think this is a great time of year to have a bit of quiet time, and would recommend you give it a try if you are someone who doesn't use their unit in winter.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Sas r us

Sas r us Funster

Agree.... It's nice to just have some "alone time" and in winter you see so much more without all the growth and leaves....
    Have a great time..:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Hi Carol
    Sounds if you having a nice time! Think everyone needs down time
    One dirty doggy needs bathing daily??? Take it it's sand,! don,t know the southport Site at all,but would be grateful for any info,as I intend to do Chester rally,and hope to stay up north for awhile.? Link will do.

4. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

5. Cal54

Hi Eve, no I'm afraid it is mud rather than sand! Dillon loves running through it - and playing with spaniels guarantees he is caked in mud when we eventually get back to the van.

Although not the biggest fan of the CC I do like this site as it is close enough for me to walk everywhere, shops, park, beach etc.

6. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Thank you for the link bluemooner,I am not a member of the caravan club! Explains why I don,t know it.

Sounds a good site!
    Dillon must be one wet dog everyday!lol Oscar loves going in dirty filthy stagnant ponds,he stinks the best of times being an old dog,but if there is water around he finds it.
    He has now got a doggy buggy! Thoroughly enjoys the attention he gets!!!

7. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

Enjoy the peace and quiet, reminded me that 12 months ago I set off for the top of Scotland, stayed at Grantown on the way, couldn't get on for New Year as full, by the 6th Jan when I arrived I was one of four only and 2 of them were not being used

Then I had Durness to myself :)

Might have been the -12C and 80mph+ winds though :)

8. Cal54

@DavidG58, I remember your posts last year David, and thoroughly enjoyed following your trip, hope to attempt Scotland in search of the Northern Lights soon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

Best of luck with that hunt, there are some great viewing possibilities, if I get back up looking for Northern Lights I will definitely try Lossiemouth

we hope to get to Norway this year to improve our chances :)

10. Cal54

Thanks David, I went to Finland in search and had cloud cover the whole time we were there. Did see them on the flight home, but it's not really the same being surrounded by loads of people going ooh, aah!!

Hope you have better luck.