Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Another solar panel added yesterday,, that makes 240Watt, and one more panel to sort out, then I should have sufficient for the short days of spring and autumn.. Magic, now if I only had more roof space. Still connection box now in place for the wind Benny as well.

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Have you considered that flexi solar panel? Been thinking of using one on te hab
But not seen any reports yet like you my roofs full

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
its a chubby simple but loveable wind generator ala crossroads, hee hee I edited it twice to Genny but the tablet kept changing it and by the time I got home it was too late to change it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
its a chubby simple but loveable wind generator ala crossroads, hee hee I edited it twice to Genny but the tablet kept changing it and by the time I got home it was too late to change it.

I know what you mean Roger...only just worked out how to turn off predictive text and next word function on my kindle. :winky:

damned thing would pick two words, join them together cos it made another word then insert it randomly.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Have you considered that flexi solar panel? Been thinking of using one on te hab
But not seen any reports yet like you my roofs full
The curved portions of the roof are ideal for flexi-panels. But I do worry about the effect of all that heat absorbed by the panel, how will that affect the fibreglass roof.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
I thought solar panels were more effective if cooler?

This is the reason mine are mounted to 25mm aluminium box section to give a little air underneath.

I assume the flex-panels are mounted directly to the roof? Wouldn't this make them less effective for more money?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I know what you mean Roger...only just worked out how to turn off predictive text and next word function on my kindle. :winky:

damned thing would pick two words, join them together cos it made another word then insert it randomly.

And there's me thinking all your posts were random :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back