More sergeant psu 2007 problems (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Having conceded that the charger in my unit was dead, I had two choices

1: send in my unit for repair, which could take “up to 10 working days” plus up to “4 working days” to “book it in” ? for £74 plus transport time

Or

2: buy a new unit £200.12

So not wanting to be without the van for an extended period my thinking was drive over, pay money, fit new part, get old part mended and have a spare

The new unit is in and all is working EXCEPT for the function that measures the current charge/draw. This is fluctuating eraticly between -50amps to +50amps ?

I spoke to the tec people who came up with

Do calibration >>done several times

Check all plug/pins are in >>done

Check/clean battery connections >>done

I still have problem, so I put back the old non-charging unit in , which apart from not charging is ok, I did have to do the calibration once but the output display was correct afterwards.

I put the new! Unit back in and got same erratic reading, I’m thinking faulty unit? I will be speaking to the tec guys again later (who are very helpful) but in the meantime any thoughts people

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
whoops Just noticed my new is a standard unit and the old one was a DLX+ Ive bought the wrong one.....better get my groveling hat on......:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
just got off the phone to sargent, its seems I did need the dlx unit, they will swap it for a restocking fee 30% =£60 plus a tenner for the price differance so its £70 to change it, however the standard unit I bought is the same and will work 100% ok except for the current/charge display function, which I've never really used anyway. So I'll get my old unit repaired @ £74 swap them over and keep the new as a spare or perhaps flog it on flebay. I guess the moral is allways check twice or thrice then check again.

I should have gone to specksavers:ROFLMAO::Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back