More sergeant psu 2007 problems

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by SC 05 OUT, Jun 15, 2011.

1. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

Having conceded that the charger in my unit was dead, I had two choices

1: send in my unit for repair, which could take “up to 10 working days” plus up to “4 working days” to “book it in” ? for £74 plus transport time

Or

2: buy a new unit £200.12

So not wanting to be without the van for an extended period my thinking was drive over, pay money, fit new part, get old part mended and have a spare

The new unit is in and all is working EXCEPT for the function that measures the current charge/draw. This is fluctuating eraticly between -50amps to +50amps ?

I spoke to the tec people who came up with

Do calibration >>done several times

Check all plug/pins are in >>done

Check/clean battery connections >>done

I still have problem, so I put back the old non-charging unit in , which apart from not charging is ok, I did have to do the calibration once but the output display was correct afterwards.

I put the new! Unit back in and got same erratic reading, I’m thinking faulty unit? I will be speaking to the tec guys again later (who are very helpful) but in the meantime any thoughts people

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Confusing:Eeek: I hope you get it sorted soon:thumb:

3. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

whoops Just noticed my new is a standard unit and the old one was a DLX+ Ive bought the wrong one.....better get my groveling hat on......:cry:

4. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

and thought my life complicated

There I was thinking my life was complicated.. always someone worse off:Blush:

Bob

5. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

just got off the phone to sargent, its seems I did need the dlx unit, they will swap it for a restocking fee 30% =£60 plus a tenner for the price differance so its £70 to change it, however the standard unit I bought is the same and will work 100% ok except for the current/charge display function, which I've never really used anyway. So I'll get my old unit repaired @ £74 swap them over and keep the new as a spare or perhaps flog it on flebay. I guess the moral is allways check twice or thrice then check again.

I should have gone to specksavers:Rofl1::Eeek: