Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
bought my self larger scooter peugeot speedfight 100cc that will get me and the other half up the mountains for the mountain stages tour of italy then tour of france when we cannot gain access with the motorhome as the police tend to close access to the high passes 2--3 days in advance of a stage arriving for motorhomes so its either sit on a mountain for 4--5 days in your motorhome (many do) or arrive on morning of the stage and walk or cycle or as i have learnt and as i can no longer cycle due to a health problem go up on a little scooter remember some of these climbs can be anywhere from 8 to 20 kilometers long so long walk uphill i have a little 49cc yamaha but it struggles with two up so have upgraded to 100cc so now can leave motorhome at base camp and be on the high peaks within an hour.. sorry to be boring about my passion but if anyones interested on the 27th may tune in to eurosport channel 410 or 411 in the afternoon and witness the most breath taking spectacle of human endurance when the stelvious pass is tackled the road described by that knob clarkson as the most fantastic road in europe.. oh yes nearly forgot if anyone looking to buy a super little scooter to go on the bike rack £250 will secure.. jt (durham)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
100cc eh - good move.

Daughter is getting organised to watch day 1 on Tour UK, possibly around Hawes.

Have you any words of wisdom for her ?

One that looked OK was a tent in a field with space for a car for £90.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back