More Help please - Grande Frontier (1 Viewer)

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Well I am going to own up now!

We did actually end up buying one, had it 8 weeks and the reputable dealer we got it from kindly agreed to take it back for a full refund due to lots of problems.

I have to agree with what others said - ours got new problems just stood on the drive! :Angry:

I do agree they are a lovely van, loved the layout but we called ours "Fools Gold" :Doh:

Lesson learnt and the lucky thing was that we kept hold of our original Autotrail Apache so we are now using that again and seem to appreciate the fact that we have owned that one for a year and not had a single problem (Touch wood!) - alot to be said for that!:Smile:

*Ducks and awaits the "Told You So's to be posted!"::bigsmile::ROFLMAO: *

Glad for you that the dealer was so accommodating or you could have been stuck with expensive misery. I really hope you find the van you want - do think really really hard about buying one of the non-winterised jobs as it is not helpful in colder weather to have your boiler dump its contents or your pipes freeze up and crack.....look for a decent continental van as the quality is sooooo much better than the GF. We all have our own opinions, but as far as the GF went, it certainly was no success at all and rapidly vanished from production. Dealers struggled to move stock at huge discounts. No British A class has been successful....least of all the GF:Eeek: Glad that a few owners are so happy with it, you've tried it now and luckily for you, you were able to walk away with no financial damage:whatthe::whatthe:

OP
OP
Sneezles

Sneezles

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
Thanks everybody for your kind suggestions for a new van but we have decided to keep the one we have got - it has always been reliable and my moans were for a bigger washroom and a pull-down bed.

After the recent problems we have had with the GF I will never moan about the Apache ever again - we seem to appreciate it more now if that makes sense.

Besides, the 41k back in the bank looks very healthy! Should have listened to you all in the first place!:Blush:

Kraftyhaz

Free Member
Sep 6, 2010
Funster No
Grande Frontier

Hi Sneezles,

My first post! Really felt I had to respond. You see, Mike and I are what appear to be that rare breed (as far as the forums go, anyroad!,) HAPPY Grande Frontier owners! She has exactly the right lay out for us and we wanted a Mercedes engine and automatic gearbox. The bathroom is big enough to double as a dressing room, with a dressing table, wardrobe and lots of storage space. The drop down bed is superb, great size and comfy too. The outside shower and BBQ points, the good size fridge freezer with lots of kitchen storage, the sofas which are big enough to lay out on to read or watch TV, and the air conditioning are all pluses for us. I guess its what suits. We had a fixed budget and spent a long time looking at what was available in our price range and Mike did lots and lots of research, then we waited for the right one to come along. The issues for us have been that a couple of locker and cupboard doors needed adjusting and one of the roof lights recently let in water and needed re sealing.
We have added a residence room and intend to get cruise control fitted. I understand the issue with the small size garage but it wasn't a sale breaker for us. We love her!
May be we have just been lucky......
Good luck and happy travels with whatever you choose.

We too fell in love with the Grand Frontier but have been put off with the bad press. We are still looking but the layout would be perfect for us

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back