More competition for Apple

Discussion in 'Computers' started by buttons, Nov 17, 2011.

1. buttons

buttons Funster

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Very smart.

But tell me is there any computers running Non-Genuine Windows 7 ?

3. buttons

buttons Funster

They are possibly referring to the netbook incomplete version, or am I talking rubbish.:Wacko: You are right they should all be genuine:BigGrin:

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

The only competition for Apple that I can see is the price range!

5. buttons

buttons Funster

6. aba

aba

there is nothing wrong with the windows based computers except for the unreliable and unstable windows aspect.

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I was a die hard Apple Mac fan for many years, that was until my present 17" Power Book screen gave up the ghost and the touch pad stopped working.. it just wasn't worth repairing .. the parts to repair cost more than it was worth..

I also have a small Sony 12" that was running Vista and I hated it with a vengeance .. but before making a decision I upgraded it to Windows7 and was very impressed, so much so I decided that rather than save up for another Mac I would buy a Windows machine..

So I bought a refurbed Dell Inspiron , (there is a post somewhere) from the Dell outlet store.. it has a 640gb HD, 4gb memory, and an Intel i7 quad core processor, 15 inch screen.. .. and it is absolutely great.. Windows7 runs with no issues, no blue screens .. indeed, almost as easy to use as OSX and just as solid.. .. a similar spec Mac Powerbook would be about £1500 .. the Dell was £411.00

Since then the Mac iBook bought in 2004 that Chaz was using also gave up the ghost , so I bought another Dell of similar spec for Jan and Chaz has inherited Jan's old Dell Inspiron that I also upgraded to Windows7 .. it is almost five years old and still going strong ..

So, in summing up, I love Macs but they are way over priced and I also think the quality has dropped, so no more Macs for me.. you can get a far better spec for a lot less money with a Windows machine ..

• Like Like x 1
  8. buttons

buttons Funster

My only apple is an ipod, works ok but a pain to use with anything but itunes.
    I have a number of windows based units and never experienced any of your unreliable, unstable problems. Windows 7 is great.
    I did wipe my Bios chip on the desk top this week though. Waiting for a new one to arrive. :Sad:

9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I would agree with pre-XP versions - and Vista was a pain in the proverbial. XP has been great for us though and Win 7 is fine on the new netbook.

10. beachcaster

beachcaster Read Only Funster

yes loads !!!!!!!

I'm told just as easy to pirate as anything else.

But my genuine windows 7 on both my desktop and laptop is just lovely to use.......

Just as long as you remember not to upgrade to windows explorer 9
    which is crap!

barry
    barry

11. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

I agree.....somehow I managed to import IE7 onto my Windows 7 laptop, allegedly not compatible, and it ran fine.

then I undated to IE9 which had to be the worst move I ever made.

tried everything to reinstall IE7 with no luck so moved on to Firefox....had trouble with that so tried google chrome.

its all I use now I've mastered the different functions and layout although Firefox and IE9 are still there if i should need them.

12. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Apple are good though.

We had our MacBook pro for about 2 years when the screen cracked. We suspect or daughter stood on it.

We contacted Apple in Bluewater expecting a hefty repair bill. Told them the truth and they replaced the screen for free!

Mind you, over the past 2 years we have bought the MacBook, several iPods, 2 iPod touch, and 2 iPads.

I suspect that helps.

13. beachcaster

beachcaster Read Only Funster

If you google "removing explorer 9" its simple to revert...I still prefer explorer 8 to others.

barry