Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
What would I do without the ability to seek advice from you lot? Make some resounding mistakes I guess......:roflmto:

My son has just bought a pressure washer, and has kindly offered to wash my 'van for me, as he borrowed it recently when he was taking part in a 24 hour go-kart event. It's occurred to me that using a pressure washer on a MH may not be the best idea in the world, with the potential risk of water ingress leading to future damp problems. He's assured me he'll be careful, and avoid blasting any seams, joints etc., but I'm still concerned. Any advice, please?

Mike

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Would not reckomend it although our local dealer does power wash his vans, when we collected ours and were doing the handover, the fridge would not work on the gas and surprise surprise it was because water had gotten in when power washed. When we opened up the gas locker / toilet cassette locker / all had some water in them from haven been washed.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If he is going to wash your van let him ::bigsmile: Pressure washers are good at striping stick on graphics :Eeek::winky: Make sure he uses it on a fan pattern and send him here to do mine :winky:
No doubt others would not let him loose with a jet wash on their vans but confident it would not hurt mine::bigsmile:In fact I used one on my van on Saturday as I was blasting the bloody block paving and re-sanding it -had to wash van down from crap I blew onto it but did use the fan pattern square onto van sides and graphics
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
My husband uses a jet washer on our van and did on the caravan before that, never had a problem with it.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Would not put a power washer on any van of mine, have seen the resultant effect, decals lifting, seems scoured, leaving it open to water ingress.

As Terry says possibly ok on fan pattern but still would not trust it myself.

Too much cash involved if it does go wrong, would far rather use a soft brush.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back