Moped UK and France

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Dubiousp, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Dubiousp

Dubiousp Read Only Funster

Morning another newbie question, this is my first motor van . I suppose one of the the first hesitations I had was the possibilities of being restricted when onsite. Which really is just changing your thought process, however I have thought about many things. Perhaps public transport, or maybe a moped.

I've looked in the UK and it seems I can ride a 50cc on my original license which I've had since 1991, can I take a passenger ? 50cc potentially is not big enough but some people do it ?

What are the implications in France or other parts of Europe ?

Or is it worth it ?

2. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

there seems to be a lot of them in France

If I am not wrong they can ride mopeds younger in France than here in the UK.

The question you need to ask is the motor home able to carry a moped or scooter.. I am talking about how heavy they are on the back of a motor home.. depends on the overhang you have and how you are going to attach the carry frame to the motorhome. That needs to be considered as well... if you load one on the back do not forget the reflective warning board.

Bob

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Providing you have catagory P on your licence you can ride it and take a pillion :thumb: