Feb 6, 2012
Angus,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B694
Exp
since 2011
Hi All,

I have noticed on my Hymer and others on E-bay that thers is Moose/Elk stickers on them.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the are all about?

Meexi

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi All,

I have noticed on my Hymer and others on E-bay that thers is Moose/Elk stickers on them.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the are all about?

Meexi
Hi the moose or Elk stickers are normaly connected with scandinavia or sweden, the Germans are the most you will find who use this type of sticker along with the bull of spain and the trolls also from up here, i think its to make them feel well traveled, it has also been know that swedes have sold Elk poop to the German turist,:thumb: Cheers Alf.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
My understanding has always been that it's migratory symbol and hence depicts travel.

from memory volvo had the origins of this

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Forgot to add that they are Moose and not elk, one will be on ours very soon:winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
The stickers Elk usually denotes that the motorhome has been to Scandinavia
The Bull to Spain
The Camel to Morocco.
Some have the map of Europe filled in with the places they have visited.

Now some could say it is just to say hey look where we have been, but I think there is more to it than that, us motorhomeres in general being a friendly bunch, if we were thinking of going to Morocco and see a camel on the back of a motorhome, then you could normally approach the person and ask them about their experiences of that country. Bull Spain etc.

T

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Forgot to add that they are Moose and not elk, one will be on ours very soon:winky:
I dint think your quit right, first yes the Elk does travel BUT only in there home area's, and secondley, the Moose comes from Canada which are slightley taller and some times white in colour, and the Elk is from Scandinavia, hope this helps those that seem confused, and germans come to scandinavia by there loads in mh, and buy any thing about elks, they even steel the road signs to take back to germany, Cheers Alf:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I presently have some weird camo looking brownish stickers on my motorhome

It shows I have travelled in a field and got stuck again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::bigsmile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We've got a sticker with a couple of Oak leaves on it - may mean we are druids but more likely members of the national trust and there are 2 round yellow ones with smiley faces on, these are traditionally displayed to show the owners are complete nutters and you should only approach at your own risk.

I think that's right anyway, from what I have observed .....

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Stickers

A few years back I had a landrover 110 in army green. To make it look less military and avoid being shot at, I made some animal stickers, using the vinyl used for graphics. All I did was mark them on the backing and cut them out, so I had a Cheetah catching a gazelle, moose, bear etc.

When we stopped off in the Loire to visit an ex-colleague I inadvertantly went the wrong way up a one way street. Apparently the locals still ask when the mad englishman with the animals on the side of his vehicle is coming back:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back