Rally Chat MONTPON-MENESTEROL FRANCE

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by Middy42, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Middy42

Middy42 Funster

Hi all, thought I had better repost this properly.
    I am going to be at Montpon (Camping la Cigaline ) very late in June and the first two weeks in July this year where I have run rallies for the H C I. If there is enough interest I will organise a meet/ Ralily. The site is X municipal run by a very nice young couple who I know well. It is situated by the river and just a five minute walk to the town centre . The pitches of the grass and a good size with a reliable 10 amp electric. I am sure I can agree a reduced pitch fee depending on the numbers . There is a bar and a very reasonable bar type menu. Free Wi-Fi on site. Montpon it's midway between Perigueux and Bordeaux. With the train service to both. If anyone would like more information feel free to contact me on my email address (middy42@mail.com) or mobile 07530162258

I tried to do this last year but unfortunately was taken ill. Barrie.

2. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Hi Barrie. :)

Can I ask please, what's your experience of the weather for that region, at that time of year?
    I don't do blistering heat very well. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

3. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

I will be in Bergerac at the end of June for 4 days. I could possibly join you for a few days after that.:)

4. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

5. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

I lived about 15 miles from Montpon. It's never unbearably hot. Tends to get hotter over about 10-14 days, thunderstorm clears the air, then the cycle starts again.

Montpon has a market, quite a selection of shops, railway station so easy to get into Bordeaux and Bergerac. Perigueux has markets on Wednesday and Saturday though it's a bit of a journey from the station to the centre ( short taxi ride) The cobbled lanes in the centre of Perigueux have all the chocolate shops.
    Montpon has canoe hire on the river L'Isle and there are also restaurants along the river, and plenty in the town of course.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Middy42

Middy42 Funster

Thanks for that Hollyberry, I have run 3rallies with HCI and really like the place. Barrie

7. Seven of nine

Seven of nine

Really interested , times , date not really an issue for us . We are a definate .

8. jetlag03

jetlag03 Funster

We will be there for three or four days hopefully

9. Middy42

Middy42 Funster

I will be there but response has been very poor. Barriep

10. Gromett

Gromett Funster

My ex is from Villefranche De Lonchat just round the corner. I have spent a lot of time down that neck of the woods. Lovely area.

If you are round there about middle of July they put on a fantastic show at Castillon called bataille de Castillon. It really is worth seeing if you are in the area.

11. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

A bit OT but couldn't resist, my daughter messaged be yesterday to let me know it was 47 deg C where she lives (Bangkok).:D

12. Middy42

Middy42 Funster

I will be there from approx 28th June for about 10 days looks like there might be about 6 vans or so. Barrie