Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Well you folks warned us about the prices here and I am so glad you did. We are at the mount now and it is absolutely packed here, we are at the camp site at the end of the causeway and cycled in to the mount, just as well we did as the queues coming from there were about 3 miles long, Tez couldn't reach to top as he has a bad back but I went up, can't come all this way and not go up eh?
Off to aromanches Saturday, probably the wrong time to come what with the date and all?

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Well you folks warned us about the prices here and I am so glad you did. We are at the mount now and it is absolutely packed here, we are at the camp site at the end of the causeway and cycled in to the mount, just as well we did as the queues coming from there were about 3 miles long, Tez couldn't reach to top as he has a bad back but I went up, can't come all this way and not go up eh?
Off to aromanches Saturday, probably the wrong time to come what with the date and all?

Mont St Michel is worth it for the experience though isn't it? It was raining when we went - :Sad: Got some good photos in the rain!!

If you can't get on the aire at Arromanches (we couldn't in August) the municipal campsite just behind it is quite good!
It will probably be crowded but worth putting up with that - it's a very interesting place.

Are you going to St Mere Eglise? That's worth a visit - aire in church car park!

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes a few things going on in that area because of the d day celebrations so don't want to miss that,we went to the beaches a few years ago, in the rain,so hoping weather will be kind, forecast looks good.
Although the rainy weather adds to the sombreness, if that's a word???
Weather gorgeous for the mount today though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Arromanches

If you are going to Arromanches,do not bother with the aires in the village,go up to the 360 cinema the is another aires there which is veey nice on grass nice vies and a lot more room,if you need water or to empty anything gomtomthe village aires first then up to the other,if you are going to st mere eglese,there is a very nice site next to beach,its called le cormoron
( something like that anyway ) dont forget point du hock and longues sur mer

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
I agree - we stayed on the aire at the 360 degree cinema this time last year. We wanted to be in Arromanches for the 6th June and expected everywhere to be full but it was OK - we stayed 2 nights on the cliff top. Fantastic views of the Mulberry Harbour and great weather and the little train down to the town centre.

We went to see the mass parachute drop at Ste Mere Eglise - (there was dedicated MH parking!) it was amazing!

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We stayed on this Aires. we paid the 4E that the man in the pay booth said was the fee and about 1/2 hr later he packed up and went home (about 6pm I think) two mins after he went home about 20 vans came in so they had all been waiting for him to go :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A man comes round at 9am knocking on the windows and if you haven't got a ticket he gets very cross and asks you to buy one - the 4E was good for an easy life!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back