Monkey Hangers Rally (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
I have posted some photographs from this rally here in Hartlepool. We both have had a great time here and tonight (Saturday) has been fab with a fair few of the motorhomers over for a meal and a drink.
We were entertained by members who formed a band for tonight and we enjoyed a sing a long to fab sixties music.
I was even asked up for a dance by a lovely young lady !! Sorted lol !!
Kept the last dance for the wife .
Many thanks must go to Mike,his wife and all who had a hand in making this such a fab rally.
Thanks to Hartlepool council for allowing us to park in such a great location literally 5 minutes from everything too.
Hopefully this can/will be repeated

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I concur with @tjay - the location is fab and I hope this becomes an annual event. There are so many different places to eat around the marina, I need to come back for several years!
Off to the Indian restaurant for lunch today - an all you can eat buffet recommended by Mike.
Thanks so much to Mike and all the helpers, this really has been/is a great meet.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Very well organised Rally, big thanks to Mike and all the others who helped. Not having been to Hartlepool town centre for several years we were surprised how nice it had become, we also enjoyed the historic ship museum right next door to the rally site.

The food discount organised by Mike at the adjacent pub was excellent and the beer was pretty cheap in there also.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Do You know the "origins" of the "Monkey Hangers"?. Something to do with the belief that a shipwrecked Monkey, was Thought to be a French Spy! and was Hanged by the "locals"!.

Pete

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
As long as the Council has not decided to make alternative use of the site I am planning another Monkey Hangers Rally. Don't know dates yet, but probably some time in July.
I will start a thread nearer the time so people can start booking but it's too early yet.
There will be a limit of 70 vans next year as we got close to being full with 54 this year.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well i know its early days but can we be first on the list Mike if it does go ahead . Thankyou . Mike just a thought Bagwell meet early july ,the york meet and the upton meet is also going to be in July if poss can it be the weekend that is left lol only joking whatever you can fit in xxx Kate

Kate xxx

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Mike stick me down when you start a list please --I may miss the actual list but don't want to miss the rally ;)(y)
terry

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I am not starting any lists until I get back from Morocco end of April 2016.
I found with this year's rally that quite a few people had forgotten they had booked or had changed their plans and it created a lot of unnecessary work trying to chase people for deposits.
I am not a fan of unnecessary work (especially if I am the one who has to do it) so I will open the list in early May.
I will try and confirm dates with the Council and get them in the Rally schedule before Christmas.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back