Money back for gas bottles?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jim, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

When we buy these Calor bottles we are charged a heavy "Deposit" presently this deposit is around £25/£30.

Has anyone ever got a deposit back? A dealer that I spoke to laughed when I asked about deposit returns, said he had never paid a return in 20 years of selling gas.

Has anyone ever got money back when returning Calor bottles?

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Jim one of our local dealers gives a reciept and says if returned within 12 months they refund:Rofl1: hes never given one:Rofl1: but I thought of getting one then getting money back when refilling then buy another if you get the drift?:thumb:probaly they will not do this:Rofl1:anyway I have never got my money back but they did me a stright swop from butane to propane a few yrs back,at the time they were charging others to do the same,but I did buy a regulater from them (£5):Rofl1::Rofl1:
    terry

3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Yes I have, from our now defunct local calor depot the deposit is fully refundable without time limit, provided the original recipt is available, due to the amount of time that could pass, no recipt no refund, they have no way of telling how much you paid, could have beem a couple of quid 20 years ago and now its about ????
    Geo

4. Julie798

Julie798 Read Only Funster

calor

We just paid 40 pound to castlecroft camping as a deposit :cry:

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Wow £40!

With lots of people taking up with the new refillable bottles and no deposits being returned, I am supposing that there are thousands of regular bottles behind the shed.

6. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

It's a rip off and always has been.

Cant even go to the tip and get empties anymore either:Doh::cry:

7. artona

artona

Hi

Can't see why its a rip off. They have to be made and there is a cost. I bought one that I knew I would only need for a few months and I returned it and got a refund because I had a receipt.

System works if you keep the receipt otherwise I am sure there would have been a big trade in bottles being stolen from outside caravans.

stew

8. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I don't have the receipt from 10 years ago and was never informed at the time it was NON refundable:Wink:

Other gas companies like flogas don't add this extortionist deposit so why do Calor?:Wink:

9. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

cant understand why folks pay the deposit when your local recycling center have the thing coming out their ears.
    i've always got mine from the tip and 'donated' a couple of quid to the coffee fund.
    give it a try.........