Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When we buy these Calor bottles we are charged a heavy "Deposit" presently this deposit is around £25/£30.

Has anyone ever got a deposit back? A dealer that I spoke to laughed when I asked about deposit returns, said he had never paid a return in 20 years of selling gas.

Has anyone ever got money back when returning Calor bottles?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jim one of our local dealers gives a reciept and says if returned within 12 months they refund:ROFLMAO: hes never given one:ROFLMAO: but I thought of getting one then getting money back when refilling then buy another if you get the drift?:thumb:probaly they will not do this:ROFLMAO:anyway I have never got my money back but they did me a stright swop from butane to propane a few yrs back,at the time they were charging others to do the same,but I did buy a regulater from them (£5):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes I have, from our now defunct local calor depot the deposit is fully refundable without time limit, provided the original recipt is available, due to the amount of time that could pass, no recipt no refund, they have no way of telling how much you paid, could have beem a couple of quid 20 years ago and now its about ????
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
calor

We just paid 40 pound to castlecroft camping as a deposit :cry:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Wow £40!

With lots of people taking up with the new refillable bottles and no deposits being returned, I am supposing that there are thousands of regular bottles behind the shed.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
It's a rip off and always has been.

Cant even go to the tip and get empties anymore either:Doh::cry:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

Can't see why its a rip off. They have to be made and there is a cost. I bought one that I knew I would only need for a few months and I returned it and got a refund because I had a receipt.

System works if you keep the receipt otherwise I am sure there would have been a big trade in bottles being stolen from outside caravans.

stew

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I don't have the receipt from 10 years ago and was never informed at the time it was NON refundable:winky:

Other gas companies like flogas don't add this extortionist deposit so why do Calor?:winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cant understand why folks pay the deposit when your local recycling center have the thing coming out their ears.
i've always got mine from the tip and 'donated' a couple of quid to the coffee fund.
give it a try.........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back