dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
i have a swift mondial GT 2009 ....the passenger side rear brake light bulb has blown ..no problem you say .well when you look at taking out rear light cluster ...swift as only gone and built the shower room right up to rear of van ...looks like i have got to remove the back of store room and door .some of shower wall just to fit a bulb ..not a happy bunny ..need to use van and its flippin raining like mad ,,,don't suppose any gt owners have come across this .... if not you have been warned ,,,you can see photo just make out rear door /white bit /

Attachments

• imagesCAHTOOHG.jpg
    imagesCAHTOOHG.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 126
  • imagesCASHDU9W.jpg
    imagesCASHDU9W.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
At least its not a coachbuilt Swift or you could have got to it through the holes where the floor had rotted:RollEyes:

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
there are no access panels on this side of van ..on other side they are carpeted over ...factory forgot to fit access panel on my ...van....

well today it stopped raining and i started the job ,remove shelf ,remove door gives more room to bend and see what you are doing ,cut out a access panel inside plywood sheet. there is a hot and cold pipe that needs unclipping to give access to cut outs to get to 17mm nuts that hold the light cluster..you need small hands to get to the one at the bottom,,changed all the bulbs wile removed ..refitted every thing two hour job ,,next time maybe one hour to change a bulb

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Would fitting LED bulbs prevent this? What is it with motorhome and vehicle builders? It now seems its a question of form over function and building around components.
In the case of last series of Renault Clio the front end has to be partially dismantled to change the headlight bulb.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
No different to the smart car! You need to remove 28 bolts to remove the whole front panel to change a headlight bulb, and don't get me started about not fitting a sump plug to drain the engine oil, you need to suck it up the dipstick hole,
Obviously designed by a DIPSTICK:whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back