mondial el (1 Viewer)

Nov 26, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
23 years
:cry:purchased a new mondial last june it has had a new toilet,new sargent unit,new taps,has had 4 leakes from the sink and now has to have a conplete new shower and another 33 faults fixed am i just unlucky this is the 2nd time it has to be repaired and as we live in spain it will put another 4000 miles just to get it in working order.any one else had troble like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shout: :Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
4000 miles just to get it in working order.any one else had troble like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shout: :Angry:

Disgraceful. That's one big hit for you. Have you considered spitting out your dummy and going for a not fit for purpose return.

Good luck whatever you do.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I am glad i bought an old one, knew there were some bits to put right but not many considering it's age.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jandv
Nov 26, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
23 years
:shout:have tried the not fit for purpose but it has been a year now so gets harder the longer it goes on even if i did wait 6 months for 2 new panels to be made by swift,like every one else it took a long time to find the right layout and we do love the van.:Doh:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Just goes to remind me why I would never buy anything that Swift has anything to do with.:thumbdown:

Pete:Cool:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Can't they ship the parts to Spain and pay someone local to you to do the work?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:shout:have tried the not fit for purpose but it has been a year now so gets harder the longer it goes on even if i did wait 6 months for

It does not help you but it's an example to others, do not take this crap after you've paid loads of good money. If it's not right in the first month give them hell, don't let it drag on.

What you can do is keep politely writing to the Big Man ( is a Mr Smith still ? ) and request compensation for their poor performance. Make yourself a pain in the bum. It worked for one guy a few years ago :winky:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ide-cardealership-sold-faulty-motor-home.html

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I'm sure your not alone :Sad:

I am very happy with our bessacarr and believe in its quality, even so, my toolbox and knowledge of motorhomes has prooved invaluable.
Have you joined the swift talk forum and raised the question there? Someone called ash ithnk monitors the forum (he used To be on here) always seems ready and able to help people in your boat.
Good luck with it :thumb:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
own a mondial and have not had any problems 2009 model seams after this they went down hill .
yes it's worth joining swift talk ASH will sort out your problems
Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back