Moho plumbing help please

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Moodybrook, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

I am taking out the splash back with fold down sink and the mirrored cabinets above to have a go at relining the entire shower washroom area with 3mm bathroom panelling stuff. In conjunction with new shower tray.

I have come to a halt trying to disconnect the two tails from the tap, red and blue that has a black kind of connectors onto the red and blue feeds from the boiler and the cold water tank.

Right the question is how does that connecter come apart ? twist ? pull hard ? cut the sodding thing off and buy new connecter kit ?? :Eeek:

Your help very much appreciated. :Smile:

2. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

If they are speed fit connectors, where the feed pipe enters the connector there will be a ring on the connector slightly protruding, push this ring back into the connector and when it moves just slide the feed pipe out of the connector :thumb:

3. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

I cut em off and replaced with jubilee clips!!! :thumb:

4. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi as tremybach says -they will probably be 12mm connecters by John Guest
    terry

5. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

Thanks very much, they are of course down the back of the panel, not easy to see, or reach. I will have a look in proper daylight tomorrow and see if I can get to grips with your ring of confidence. :Smile:

6. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

Thanks for the name I have googled it and it looks like the job, dare I say it, no it won't be easy :Laughing:

7. lorger

lorger Funster

If your struggling I'm off work tomorrow so might be of some help if you want a second opinion, just let me know and I'll pop round.

8. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

Thanks Gerry, I won't be home till after five, then tea, in to it right after, you are welcome any time then. Not a lot of room to manoeuvre. Waiting for panels and internal corner stuff so just in destruction mode for now.

9. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uACaZxaYbUk"]Caravan and motorhome water pipes - part 2 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9rdTgJJzJY"]Caravan and motorhome water pipes - YouTube[/ame]
    Have a look here

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  10. lorger

lorger Funster

I'm going for a run at 5 so won't be home until the back of 7, if your struggling just give us a shout and I'll pop over might not be much help though:Rofl1:

I did have to replace the shower tap on my Elddis before so might be same, if its a black connector then mine had a wee ring you pulled into the connector that released the pipe. Not sure if that makes sense to you lol. Just stick your two fingers round the bottom of the connector and pull up. I'm also off Wednesday so feel free to give me a shout.