Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
My Mobilsat dish is stuck and won't retract. The control panel says "System Fault Mechanics Lock". I've checked for obstructions, tried moving it manually but it won't move, disconnecting the power at the control panel, all to no avail. I've taken the dish off to reduce drag on our way home.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Probably a jammed x or y motor.
If you are gonna take the dish off, it is not too hard to remove the casing and at least do a visual check.. might spot something...

OP
OP
G

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I had a look, blasted it with compressed air. No luck. Got in touch with the distributers who sent me details of how to reset the unit. I'm away till the w/e so I'll try it then. Otherwise I have to send it back to them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Update: Resetting didn't work, so I had a brainwave. Maybe the dish had moved in transit and hasn't zero'd and tripped the micro switch to say it's parked, so slackened off the mounting on the mechanism axle and raised the dish slightly, unplugged everything electrical, reconnected and hey presto it went down a fraction and switched off. Retightened everything, fired it up and it went into search and found the satellite.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back