mobility scooter (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
can anyone tell me the best way to charge a mobility scooter on our RV ,ta :Cool:

* On EHU and plug into one of the RVs 230v sockets .. (via an extension cable if required.)

* Off EHU you could use an inverter, but this would quickly drain the RV leisure batteries, the last thing you want to do when off of EHU ..

* Or use a 230v Inverter type generator such as Kipor or Honda , size required depends on the load of the scooter charger

Les

Apr 18, 2008
Seaford
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Mobility scooter charge

I use a Inverter works OK also charge on move leaving inverter on to keep batteries charged, inverter needs to be big enough for charger load
also charge when ever you can keep it topped up
good luck
Les

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ArmchairRVer

Free Member
Aug 30, 2012
Los Angeles, Santa Monica
Funster No
MH
Wannabe-go
Exp
Second battery, off-scooter charging

I use a Inverter works OK also charge on move leaving inverter on to keep batteries charged, inverter needs to be big enough for charger load
also charge when ever you can keep it topped up
good luck
Les

Inverter works for me. Another thing, if you have a mobility scooter where the battery can be charged both on and off the scooter, you can get a second battery and always have one filled up just in case.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We charge ours through the inverter - keeping batteries charged via our solar panel - the secret is to top up as needed or when you have spare battery power and not to let it run too low before charging, otherwise it will drain too much at once from your onboard batteries.

Nigel and Pamala

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
can I add to this advice

We charge ours through the inverter - keeping batteries charged via our solar panel - the secret is to top up as needed or when you have spare battery power and not to let it run too low before charging, otherwise it will drain too much at once from your onboard batteries.

Nigel and Pamala

If I may add to this advice.... scooters have various size batteries amp wise..... normally they are paired to produce 24v on bigger scooters... some are 40 amps and others are up to 70 amps... so that is a lot of power to take out of house batteries.

I find on my RV it takes out to much and use the generator to send power to the inverter and batteries.... I have found that my two scooters and or the power-chair only charge between 5 amp and 8 amp .. so a run down scooter does need a lot of time to recover.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back