Mobile phone abroad............USEFUL (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
In my search for French mobile phone and internet I stumbled across this web site which may be of use to others here.

It also lists details of phone networks for most other countries

I am probably going to use Joe Mobile for my upcoming trip to France

::bigsmile:

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I am probably going to use Joe Mobile for my upcoming trip to France

::bigsmile:

I'm with O2 and have been pretty impressed with their data plans for Europe. Whereas before they used to fleece you for every penny, they now have plans in place that are a lot more affordable.

The plan I'm on costs £2 per day and that include 25 meg of data per day and calls to and from the mobile work out at 50p per hour.

I used to mess around with phones abroad, but I figure it is just easier to keep the one phone wherever I go, although I can understand that doesn't work for everyone.

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
But that works out at £60 per month (on top of your contract?) plus calls plus data. :whatthe:

The Joe Mobile is 20 Euro for unlimited calls to UK and four times the data :Eeek:

However I do see the advantage of 'one number' and all that (but what do you pay when someone in UK calls you in France? It won't be free)

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You're right. I suppose the one plus about the O2 one is that you only pay when you use it. So if you only use data two days a week it would only cost £8 for the month, but who only uses data 2 days a week.

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Oh, and with the O2 one it isn't just France it is the whole of Europe, which might be of benefit to those moving around a lot.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
But that works out at £60 per month (on top of your contract?) plus calls plus data. :whatthe:

The Joe Mobile is 20 Euro for unlimited calls to UK and four times the data :Eeek:

However I do see the advantage of 'one number' and all that (but what do you pay when someone in UK calls you in France? It won't be free)

:Smile:

No the calls and data come out of your allowance , same as being in the uk plus £1.99 a day midnight to midnight if you use it, my contract is £15 a month , when we went for a fortnight a while back my bill was £30 but obviously didn't use it everyday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back