Mobile Broadband

Discussion in 'Web Connections' started by johnsandywhite, Aug 29, 2007.

1. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

2. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Hi JSW and others interested.....

BEWARE of 3's reputation - service and network coverage allegedly not high on the agenda although prices look appealing!!

This modem has been available for months now - I acquired one in about April / May, on contract from T-Mobile. Coverage is excellent and it works well, albeit perhaps pricey (£1 a day - suppose its the same as the PAYG Web rate for t-mobile using a phone as a modem). The modem sets up easily on Macs and Windoze laptops and connects quite solidly, with few drops - unlike my old Vodafone Data Card which was slow and flaky despite using similar technology.

I believe Vodafone have these as well, but are even more pricey than t-mobile. Certainly would recommend having one, but beware of 3.....I've read about a lot of problems on various sites on the net.
    Anyone wanting info about this modem, feel free to ask, I'll try to help as we use ours a lot.

Laurie

3. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Cool: Our son Simon has just received his Three Broadband USB dongle. He is over the moon with it. It loaded straight away and he was online with his laptop in a tenth of the time it took to install AOL Broadband. He is now driving around the village showing off to all his friends. :Laughing::Laughing::Laughing: