Mobile Broadband 3 (1 Viewer)

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
I have been thinking about getting Mobile Broadband and maybe doing away with my home BT broadband but was worried about possible limitations on use. Today I have found a special offer from 3, which must be done through Quidco - The web's cashback cooperative. Basically you join Quidco for a £5 fee which is deducted from your first incoming bonus. You get a 3 Dongle with max download speed of 2.8mbps, monthly allowance of 5GB of download for £7.50 per month on 18 month contract. They then pay £12.50 to Quidco who deduct their £5, so you also receive £7.50 from them. Have signed up as it seems the best offer I have seen, but has a deadline of 31 July.

David

PS. Quidco seem to have obtained a lot of discounts from many suppliers on many goods, so worth a look.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Hi Fordson. I converted our son & daughter over to 3 (THREE) last year. They BOTH got rid of AOL broadband and are over the moon with the reception. Faster sometimes than AOL.
The current offer from Three is 5GB useage for £7.50 a month on an 18 month contract. If we spent enough time in the UK? We would have it too. :winky:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
You don't need to pay anyone £5 to get the deal.

You won't find it by searching the site but here it is.

Deal Summary

Try the link - bought mine last night and dispatch acknowledged.

The offer is only until 31 July.

You can pay me the £5!!!
or the £30 recommend a friend.

:Smile:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Supertractorman

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Keith,

It is a good deal, but I will also receive £7.50 from Quidco, so first month will be free.

David

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Sorry David misread your post in my hurry to get mine on:RollEyes:

Still an incredible deal for anyone else.

:Smile:
Keith

OP
OP
Supertractorman

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
I think they must have sold a lot of these as they were out of stock and it will be the end of the week before mine is delivered.

David

smartie59

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Peterlee
Funster No
MH
a class old mod
Exp
not long
Dave, Thanks for the thread just signed up for my laptop. We have been looking for a new system for some time.
Rod

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Seems like the best deal, but will run out today ..... be quick :Eeek:

Got mine ordered, delivery 8 Aug :thumb:

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
Well thats mine

Just put order in with 3 for my broadband

Just hope its all OK!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I just hope you don't have any problems with them i have just had my modem returned from repair it has only taken them since the 7th July, you can only contact them in the far east albeit the repairs etc are supposedly carried out in Scotland and its absolute hell, you have been warned

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Just got my 3 dongle on Friday as promised.
Seems to work great & am getting their HSDPA, which is the fastest speed availaqble. :thumb:
It was easy to set up but seeme to take a while to connect first thing in the morning. :Confused:

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
HI all got my 3 Huawei Friday in the post !

:thumb::thumb::thumb:Yes as it said on the box and is working a ok lets just hope all ok out and about we will see.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all,

Just managed to get my order in on time. It arrives Monday.

It will be interesting to know how others are getting on with the signal in their locations.

Jock.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi all,

Just managed to get my order in on time. It arrives Monday.

It will be interesting to know how others are getting on with the signal in their locations.

Jock.

:Cool: Our daughter at one end of our village gets a perfect signla (HSDPA) most of the time. Our son at the other end gets HSDPA sometimes and 3G the rest of the time. This last week at Reighton Sands we were getting a pretty good signal but it was still drifting between HSDPA and 3G. Mind you. The weather CAN effect the signal somewhat. :RollEyes:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Couldn't get a connection this morning, the 3 network window showed 'no network'. :Sad:
Tried on the windows network icon on the quick launch toolbar & it was listed there, so told it to connect & it did. 3 window still showes no network. :Confused:
I don't know why this has happened but now getting 3G or HSDPA OK. :coolthumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sometimes the motorhome seems to block the signal. I have a 5m USB extension lead. In poor signal areas I have got good connections by placing the dongle outside on the roof or hung up high on the awning.

At the Dirty Duck caravan site the other week, it was 3G inside the RV and HDSPA with the dongle outside hung up on the awning. It was raining hard (the whole weekend) I wrapped the dongle in cling-film and it worked great.

I wonder if the <Poor Mans WiFi tricks> would work with a phone dongle to increase the signal strength? Anyone tried it? I might give it a go.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Sometimes the motorhome seems to block the signal. I have a 5m USB extension lead. In poor signal areas I have got good connections by placing the dongle outside on the roof or hung up high on the awning.

At the Dirty Duck caravan site the other week, it was 3G inside the RV and HDSPA with the dongle outside hung up on the awning. It was raining hard (the whole weekend) I wrapped the dongle in cling-film and it worked great.

I wonder if the <Poor Mans WiFi tricks> would work with a phone dongle to increase the signal strength? Anyone tried it? I might give it a go.

The 3 dongle has a small flap on the side that appears to be for an external antena, anyone worked out how or from where you get one?

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
The 3 dongle has a small flap on the side that appears to be for an external antena, anyone worked out how or from where you get one?

:Smile: The flap is for the Sim chip. Our son Simon got a stick on external aerial. Looks a bit like a circuit board print in metal. I personally don't think it does anything. :Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My dongle is the black and green one and it has an aerial connection covered by a small flap of plastic. My older, chunkier white oval 3 dongle does not have the external aerial socket.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
:Smile: The flap is for the Sim chip. Our son Simon got a stick on external aerial. Looks a bit like a circuit board print in metal. I personally don't think it does anything. :Doh:

Mine has 2 flaps one for card, says micro SD, & one with the ariel symbol & a small round socket under it.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Mine has 2 flaps one for card, says micro SD, & one with the ariel symbol & a small round socket under it.

You probably have one of the new dongles; black and shaped like a disposable plastic cigarette lighter. It will be interesting to see if an aerial makes any difference, I imagine it will be just a line wire add-on as the connection is very tiny.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
You probably have one of the new dongles; black and shaped like a disposable plastic cigarette lighter. It will be interesting to see if an aerial makes any difference, I imagine it will be just a line wire add-on as the connection is very tiny.

Yes this is brand new one.
Souldn't cost a fortune then Jim. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
Yes its Huawe

:thumb::thumb::thumb:Yes got one in the post on Friday and its the new with card /ariel but no info in the book thats with it!.All for only £7.50 per mthy on 3.

OP
OP
Supertractorman

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Well pleased with mine at home, faster than BT Broadband so cancelled that and saved £15 as well.

David

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Well pleased with mine at home, faster than BT Broadband so cancelled that and saved £15 as well.

David

Gordon Bennett, that is fast then?

Mine arrived today, and I have set it up on the laptop, but not on the PC yet.
Mine kept switching from 3G to HSDPA and back again, and I didn't find it any faster than T-mobile 3G on the datacard.

Time will tell.

Jock.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Gordon Bennett, that is fast then?

Mine arrived today, and I have set it up on the laptop, but not on the PC yet.
Mine kept switching from 3G to HSDPA and back again, and I didn't find it any faster than T-mobile 3G on the datacard.

Time will tell.

Jock.

It all depends on where the signal is coming from. Try moving around the house or outside in the Motorhome. :winky:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
It all depends on where the signal is coming from. Try moving around the house or outside in the Motorhome. :winky:

Hi John,

I know what you are saying, but the telephone exchange with mast, is only "a ball kick" away from the house. That's why I was expecting faster speeds, without having to "roam around." :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Jock.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi John,

I know what you are saying, but the telephone exchange with mast, is only "a ball kick" away from the house. That's why I was expecting faster speeds, without having to "roam around." :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Jock.

:Eeek: In that case. You should be cooking with Gas. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back