MMM am I beyond saving

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Brian and Jo, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

Am I alone when I say I really enjoy my monthly copy of MMM :LOL: or are there others who enjoy reading it.
    Just curious.(y)
    Brian and Jo

• Like Like x 3
  2. Keith777

Keith777 Funster

I quite like it, but I'm a bit of a rookie !

• Like Like x 1
  3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Cancelled my subscription around five years ago......got bored with the same stuff in a different order each month

• Like Like x 9
  4. john1953

john1953 Funster

Yeh I look forward to it arriving through the letter box.:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I haven't subscribed for yonks ... I cancelled my regular subscription years ago and still have the last year's magazines unread (probably 2013 or earlier ... some are still in their wrappers)! I just lost interest as, as PPJ says, a lot of it is just regurgitated again and again and some of the reviews and tests were so boring with the same 'criticisms' of MHs all the time (no draining board etc) that it just pee'd me off. The final 'nail in the coffin' was when I heard the Andy Stothert was no longer doing his articles which was one of the few things I liked to read.

As a newbie, or less experienced MHer, it is a good publication and you can learn a lot from it, but when you've been around MHs for a long time it gets a bit monotonous to read "the same old, same old" each month.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Being new to Motorhoming (only a few yrs under our belts) we look forward to getting them, all the tips,tricks, ect and other peoples journeys make for a good read.. I suppose those who dont really enjoy the mag anymore are hardcore Motorhomers who have been doing it for yrs and theres nowt in the mag thats new news to them.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RidersofRohan

RidersofRohan Funster

Really is designed around the needs of the advertisers, dealers flogging new vans and big campsites.
    The travel writers can be a bit of a joke as a result. This months refers to a trip to Holland, the writers "love taking their Murvi to wild and isolated places" and also "we often camp away from facilities". However the article then describes their trip to Holland involving an overnight at Calais and ten nights on a Dutch campsite charging £25.72 per night with ehu. Hardly the camp away from facilities in wild and isolated places. In fact I don't remember a travel piece where they didn't stay at a campsite. The things you need to know, like parking at places they visited, connections with public transport, garages with lpg, the road network, tolls or avoiding them, aires, water taps, waste disposal, those key essentials are rarely mentioned as they don't sell advertising space.

• Like Like x 5
  8. rosierose

rosierose Funster

No, you're not alone :)
    I look forward to mine. I think it's interesting, being fairly new to the game!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

I had my subscription for a birthday present a few years ago and still like getting it through the post monthly. If we are going away I save it read it and pass it on . I've been known to leave old copies in the dentist and drs ' they make more interesting reading then old copies of Hello!(y)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

I still like reading the magazine, I think they do their best to include something for everyone. Like @RidersofRohan though I am not so keen on some of the travel articles, should be much more focussed on travelling with a motorhome.

Generally the magazine seems to be too concerned about keeping advertisers happy, so often the campsites featured are 'Premier' sites which obviously pay a lot for their 'independent' Premier rating.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  11. adt

adt Funster

I've just got my 1st one and gave it a quick skim last night, looks the sort of thing I'll enjoy for a while.

I think most magazine subscriptions are like that - keeping tropical fish, I subscribed to a couple of different magazines as I went through freshwater and then on to marines.
    As a beginner each time, there was a lot of useful info but a year or so later and it was all the same stuff being rehashed and my own knowledge took over.

• Like Like x 2
  12. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

I have had it for years, and cancelled last month. Seemed to be the same month after month. Even the script is repetitive, "we found adequate 'through vision' if you pinned back the toilet door and taped up the blind". Who on earth wants 'through vision'?

Craig

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Wino

The Wino Funster

I enjoy it but often wonder if the reviews and articles are biased towards their paid advertisers espacially sites there are occasional users of aires in France but then a lot on here use posh campsites I can't understand why but each to their own.

• Like Like x 1
  14. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Cancelled mine after they did away with the page 3 dolly.. :giggler:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
  15. Daz n Tina

Daz n Tina Funster

I have to read mmm as I'm to short to reach my other choices.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

terrible magazine!lol a waste of good paper!:(

17. StitchesnFluff

StitchesnFluff Funster

Same here, cancelled in January, found I wasn't enjoying it as much, so having a break. I've tried what motorhome a couple of times.

18. My Dog Likes Fishing

My Dog Likes Fishing Funster Life Member

Can be a bit rough on the cheeks and not very absorbant!:):):D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. RidersofRohan

RidersofRohan Funster

I think you learn more from this type of interactive medium where you can ask a question or give an opinion, and you see a wider range of the use people make of their m/hs. If you read only MMM you would think people only used Caravan Club sites with ehu and bought brand new vehicles at £50k with microwaves and electric hobs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. StickyWicket

StickyWicket Funster

I don't subscribe but buy when I see an article about somewhere interesting to visit. Often then disappointed as article does not have enough detail and find that the trip has been undertaken in a camper van which can be a very different experience to doing same journey in a larger motorhome.

• Like Like x 1