Mk8 Ford Transit

Discussion in 'Ford' started by C.L.S, Aug 15, 2015.

1. C.L.S

C.L.S Trader - Service & Repairs

Noticed some manufacturers are now offering the Ford Transit Mk8 as a base vehicle option. To me it looks bloody ugly with that large front nose [​IMG] . I have the Transit custom for work and am really impressed with everything about it. Any members bought the Transit coupled to a coachbuilt ? Wondering how it is comparing to Fiats or Peugots ?

Thanks Mark

2. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

I have a Chausson on a 155hp Mk8 Transit and can't praise it enough. It's lovely to drive, has a super gearbox and a small steering wheel and the only thing I can compare it with is driving a car. I get 29 mpg after running it in a bit.

I haven't driven a new Fiat, but it's a quantum leap better than my last Peugeot, which almost felt agricultural by comparison. If I nit picked, I could say the gearing is a little high, but as long as you reserve sixth gear for motorways it's fine. I have grown to like the looks as well!

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

Giant, butt-ugly front grills seem to be the in-thing at the moment. I'm struggling to like any of them (n)

Mind you, as the owner of that well-known supermodel of the vehicle world, the Fiat Doblo, I'm not sure I'm qualified to make any kind of comment :blusher:

4. buttons

buttons Funster

Do they suffer with reverse judder. If not why not.........;)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015