Misterton meet 11th May - 13th May (2 Viewers)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've just sent Sheila a PM to say that, unfortunately, we won't be able to get to Misterton. I've been battling a cold for a week but still suffering and it's affecting my asthma so been on to the doctor and have been prescribed antibiotics just in case of complications.

I don't want to infect anyone else and wouldn't be anything like good company.

Hope everyone has a good time.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I've just sent Sheila a PM to say that, unfortunately, we won't be able to get to Misterton. I've been battling a cold for a week but still suffering and it's affecting my asthma so been on to the doctor and have been prescribed antibiotics just in case of complications.

Sorry to hear that.
Wait a mo..........
We have to deal with the Druid without any back up?????

I dont feel well either.:Sad:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
How do you 'battle' a cold? I just surrender. We are fine by the way and will have an extra doggie with us. It is Ellie's daughter who belongs to my daughter who ..... oh forget it! ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
cold

hope your feeling better soon

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sorry to hear that Graham. Get well soon, but whatever you do, don't be giving that complimentary "Beer Tent" ticket away to Brian (Icantremember). :winky: We'll never hear the end of it, after the bother you and I went to make sure we had the only two tickets available. :ROFLMAO: Pass it on to some other worthy soul , eh? :winky:
Also, please be assured, I 'll have a couple of pints for you Graham. It's the least I can do for you. :roflmto:

Take it easy, and regards to Gill.

Cheers for now,

Jock (& Rita).

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
can you include us please , EHU if available , G n R

Just seen the post thanks a lot we will see you there

Hi SUGGY, dont forget your guitar, we can all have a sing song, Lynda & Ken can bring the uky's out for a dusting!!

be nice to see you both again

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Hope there's a prize for the motorhome/RV that's travelled the shortest distance. We're bringing ours from the next village - a mile away. :Doh: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gill

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Morning all,

There was a fair few of us trying Mick's Beer barrel last night, (whilst sheltering from torrential rain), which was dispensing Wentworth's Pale Ale. A rather nice and refreshingly hoppy little number. ::bigsmile:
Suggy put his guitar into action, and a wee Soiree was had by all. ::bigsmile:

The sun is up, and there's not a cloud in the sky. Bring it on. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Morning all,

There was a fair few of us [HI]trying Mick's Beer barrel last night, (whilst sheltering from torrential rain), which was dispensing Wentworth's Pale Ale. A rather nice and refreshingly hoppy little number. [/HI]::bigsmile:
Suggy put his guitar into action, and a wee Soiree was had by all. ::bigsmile:

The sun is up, and there's not a cloud in the sky. Bring it on. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

:cry::cry::cry::cry: I was looking forward to that an' all.

Glad you're enjoying yourselves despite the weather. Hopefully better from now on.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Glad you're enjoying yourselves despite the weather. Hopefully better from now on.
Thanks Graham.

I notice that you didn't pass on your complimentary ticket to Brian (Icantremember), as he was on the Boddington's last night. :ROFLMAO:

Get well soon pal, and we'll see you and Gill at Stratford. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
misterton Meeting

Many thanks to Mick and Sheila and all the assistant marshalls and helpers from Rosie and myself , :Smile: we had another excellent " FUN " weekend , With a great walk and some excellent Black Beer , We only live just over the river but we have never been into the micro brewery pub or walked down the canal side ... look forwards to seeing you all again soon:thumb: , G n R

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Yes, and a big thanks too from Rita and I, to Sheila & Mick and Shirl & Andy for hosting another great Misterton meet, and to all those who attended and helped make it a smashing weekend.

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Misterton Meet

Thank you all for making our first rally a pleasant experience
and both look forward to our next one.
We learned quite a lot from the attendees and the hosts were
very good at making us feel very welcome.
We found the very friendly crowd informative and knowledgable
with various issues we as newbies needed answers to.
:thumb:
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Well what another fantastic FUN meet at Misterton we had
Many Thanks to Sheila & Mick, Shirley & Andy for such a great weekend, plenty of food, and drink, walk's, and Music by SUGGY was great.
We would like to thank all the others funsters for joining in for Lynda's (canopus) Birthday barby Q, her special birthday is not until the 4th June when we will be in france celebrating it in style.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
There was something special there. A meet that just gelled. Everybody had a great time.

Must have been a Sheila and Mick production then, aided by The Bumps, Andy and Shirl. And others that chipped in heaters and garzebos to defeat the damp.

What a pity some did not turn up and did not have the decency to PM a simple apology. They deserve better for their efforts.

Thank you.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There are two Misterton threads running at the moment, this one and 'Misterton a great meet' started by icantremember

Mick & Sheila & Andy & Shirl

What more can we say? Thanks for organising another cracking weekend and providing the Woppa (WPA) beer, bacon sambos, countless cuppas and home made cakes.:Smile::roflmto:::bigsmile:

Thanks also to Graham the wandering minstrel for his guitar playing skills and sing along sessions.:thumb:

Also a special thanks from Lynda & myself to our good friends Andrea, Jeff, Val, Bob, Amanda, Dave, Leanne, Paul, Shaun and Nickie for the cards and lovely gifts which they gave Lynda for her forthcoming birthday. :thumb:

Finally a big thank you to all those previously mentioned along with everyone else who attended the rally, who pitched in to make Lynda's 'surprise' birthday BBQ a great success.:Cool:

:thanks2::thanks2::thanks2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back