LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We have just set up here on the Wirral for a few days after a great weekend meet at Misterton.

It was a a pleasure to meet up with some [STRIKE]old[/STRIKE] previous friends and to put faces to a few more screen names.

The weather, after a wet Friday evening turned out much better for the remainder of the weekend.:Cool:

We would both like to thank and compliment Sheila and all her helpers for making it such an enjoyable meet which we finished off with a very tasty bacon roll this morning:thumb:

Thanks again one and all.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Yes, a big thank you to Sheila and Mick and Shirley and Andy everybody else who made it a great weekend, including Suggs (hope that's right) for his excellent music. Why did you make so much bacon? I had to have 2 rolls this morning, just to be polite of course. If there was any left you might have thought we didn't like them. It was great to see everybody again, some of whom we haven't met since last year.

Thank you again. ::bigsmile:

Ivy and Sandy

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Great meet as usual.
Good company, good food and entertainment.
Great job by Sheila, Mick and the team, (the team and the food get bigger every year).
Thanks for the work involved to bring it all together.
Pauline & John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Of course it was great, it was a fun meet and organised by sheila and Mick the perfect combination :thumb:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
We can only second what's already been said and give a big thanks to Sheila and co for organising such a great meet. Sheila certainly goes the extra mile in trying to make sure we put on a few extra pounds over the weekend :Doh:

The welcome and the chance to make lots of new friends was great. Enjoyed the walk and the joint bar-b-que. Suggy and his guitar were excellent - thanks Graham.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Al and Gill

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Mick & Sheila & Andy & Shirl

What more can we say? Thanks for organising another cracking weekend and providing the Woppa (WPA) beer, bacon sambos, countless cuppas and home made cakes.:Smile::roflmto:::bigsmile:

Thanks also to Graham the wandering minstrel for his guitar playing skills and sing along sessions.:thumb:

Also a special thanks from Lynda & myself to our good friends Andrea, Jeff, Val, Bob, Amanda, Dave, Leanne, Paul, Shaun and Nickie for the cards and lovely gifts which they gave Lynda for her forthcoming birthday. :thumb:

Finally a big thank you to all those previously mentioned along with everyone else who attended the rally, who pitched in to make Lynda's 'surprise' birthday BBQ a great success.:Cool:

:thanks2::thanks2::thanks2:
Pictures to follow once Jim has kindly created a Misterton 2102 album.

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Just to echo what others has said. Many many thanks to Mick, Sheila, Andy and Shirl for a cracking meet.

Also to everyone for making it such a great weekend. :thumb:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi All,

Mick and myself would like to thank all the funsters who attended this meet, and who despite us having to tell them the bad news that the marquee couldnt be erect, rallied round and set up what can only be described as a bedouin camp, composed of 2 RV awnings with sides and 2 popup gazebos kindly lent by the stig (andrea & geoff) and algill (gill & alf), with a 3rd RV acting as a windbreak amanda 300gt (mandy & dave), you see RVs do have their uses :ROFLMAO:.

We would also like to say thanks to Shirl and Andy who were a great help in making this meet happen.

But most of all to the funsters for doing what funsters do best have FUN.

Thanks again for great company, great music and for being there xxxx

Sheila & Mick

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Adding our thanks (along with all the other funsters) to Mick & Sheila for organising such a fantastic weekend.

Great music from Graham on his 12 string guitar ( I can't even manage 4 strings :Sad:) and various backing musicians.

No doubt Jock is regretting telling everyone how wonderful the Black & Tan was at the pub as when he went for a refill they had run out!!

Thanks again, can't wait for the next one.

Graham & Jane

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
A BIG Thanks from us , it was a great weekend , we don't get out much and it was lovely to meet so many new and friendly people , the entertainment was excellent and the walk to the pub was wonderful , thanks to Andy , Shirley and Gill for taking most of my dogs there and back :thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We had a fantastic time too. Loved the long dog walk over the fields to the pub and back down the canal. :beer: Ralph and I met more people from the forum , putting avatars to faces. :whatthe:
The surprise bbq for Lynda , turned into a massive production. Enjoyed by everyone , in the sun. Even our twins ( nearly 16 ) came out into the light , without turning into dust .
Candles were blown out for Lynda ( canopus ) and Dave ( manda GTL) .:thumb:
The entertainment in the marquee from Graham 2nd to none ably assisted by Lynda and Ken .:clap: More food , cakes , nibbles. :Blush:
Jacob stayed home as he was working ( he has a weekend job now ) and it was still standing ( and tidy ) when we got back.
The dogs are cream crackerd. We are half a stone heavier , no joking.

Thankyou to Mick and Sheila Andy and Shirl and everyone else who brought things to help out , whether it be for the marquee , or BBQ . It made the whole weekend very enjoyable , for everyone.
We are so glad we joined MHF .

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Did that yesterday just after breakfast, so please post away:thumb:

You should have had the breakfast in Misterton, REAL BACON, fried to order, I like mine organic free range, crispy. DELIVERED.

Then I was asked if I would like a fried egg, bought to my table by Shiela in a snazzy little basque and high heels..Eggs never travelled more than 60 yars from hen to my belly....

Extra Bacon by Andy and Shirl how that babe can butter her baps is a sight for sore eyes.

All in all, 10/10 I will be there again next year with my two sausages. as long as I can send Sundance another virus to keep him away,,,,

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
A big thank you

We enjoyed the week-end at Misterton and the hosts Sheila,Brian,Shirl and Andy along with others created a wonderful and surprising friendly enclave with their RV's forming a circle,
all we were missing were american indians encircling the camp.
We were very surprised at the ingenuity and resourcefulness of the individuals who put
up the massive meeting area for us all to congregate in with space to spare.
Well done all of you who were able to make our first Fun meeting so enjoyable.
Thank you to you all.
Ann & Harry :thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
All been said previous to us posting. Thank you Sheila Mick Andy & Shirley, as ever a fantastic meet, you do go the xtra mile Sheila and it is appreciated by us all!

Turned out nice agin ant it!!!

a final big thank you thou from me, and that is to Suggy who managed to FLAT PACK Bobbies metal food dish on his way out of the camp site! ::bigsmile:riving2: I will donate it Graham to your new group of instruments, as I am sure it will be a great asset to your drum set...:Nowink:

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Once again many thanks to Mick & Sheila their second great production of the year :clap:, thanks to our very close neighbours Andy & Shirley as after we circled the wagons we were parked virtually in their front room :thumb: but the plan worked well and with the provision of gas heaters made a fantastic meeting place/ beer tent complete with draught pump :drink:
Brilliant dog walk across the fields and along the picturesque canal many thanks to those half a dozen bodies that managed to man handle Jax over the styles all 10 stone of him, he's such a wus and looked great legs akimbo hoisted throu the air :ROFLMAO:, It was great to relax for an hour in the sunny beer garden while dogs played and more than a few fine pints were supped and back at base plans were afoot for a suprise birthday BBQ, BIG THANKS to those Machiavellian types who put all the effort in on that and had started to give Lynda a complex :thanks2:
Tasty bacon sarnies and homemade cakes started Sunday off and a late departure after the F1 race completed our second wonderful Funster weekend at Misterton
Cheers Mick G'day Sheila see you soon :Smile::Smile:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I did notice them Brian but, like his Hayrab Scarf, thought he was wearing them for a bet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
This is the first chance ive had to post after Misterton, just like to say a big thank you to Mick & Sheila and any other little helpers, the Horlicks Sheila made me Sat night hit the spot :winky: thanks again Pat Graham and Silkie the pooch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back