Misterton a great meet

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by icantremember, May 13, 2012.

1. icantremember

icantremember Funster

We have just set up here on the Wirral for a few days after a great weekend meet at Misterton.

It was a a pleasure to meet up with some [STRIKE]old[/STRIKE] previous friends and to put faces to a few more screen names.

The weather, after a wet Friday evening turned out much better for the remainder of the weekend.:Cool:

We would both like to thank and compliment Sheila and all her helpers for making it such an enjoyable meet which we finished off with a very tasty bacon roll this morning:thumb:

Thanks again one and all.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Yes, a big thank you to Sheila and Mick and Shirley and Andy everybody else who made it a great weekend, including Suggs (hope that's right) for his excellent music. Why did you make so much bacon? I had to have 2 rolls this morning, just to be polite of course. If there was any left you might have thought we didn't like them. It was great to see everybody again, some of whom we haven't met since last year.

Thank you again. :BigGrin:

Ivy and Sandy

• Like Like x 2
  3. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

Great meet as usual.
    Good company, good food and entertainment.
    Great job by Sheila, Mick and the team, (the team and the food get bigger every year).
    Thanks for the work involved to bring it all together.
    Pauline & John.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

See >>Here<< and >>Here<< for similar replies from Suggy and us.

Cheers,

Jock.

• Like Like x 1
  5. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Of course it was great, it was a fun meet and organised by sheila and Mick the perfect combination :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. algill

algill Funster

We can only second what's already been said and give a big thanks to Sheila and co for organising such a great meet. Sheila certainly goes the extra mile in trying to make sure we put on a few extra pounds over the weekend :Doh:

The welcome and the chance to make lots of new friends was great. Enjoyed the walk and the joint bar-b-que. Suggy and his guitar were excellent - thanks Graham.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Al and Gill

• Like Like x 1
  7. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

Mick & Sheila & Andy & Shirl

What more can we say? Thanks for organising another cracking weekend and providing the Woppa (WPA) beer, bacon sambos, countless cuppas and home made cakes.:Smile::Laughing::BigGrin:

Thanks also to Graham the wandering minstrel for his guitar playing skills and sing along sessions.:thumb:

Also a special thanks from Lynda & myself to our good friends Andrea, Jeff, Val, Bob, Amanda, Dave, Leanne, Paul, Shaun and Nickie for the cards and lovely gifts which they gave Lynda for her forthcoming birthday. :thumb:

Finally a big thank you to all those previously mentioned along with everyone else who attended the rally, who pitched in to make Lynda's 'surprise' birthday BBQ a great success.:Cool:

:thanks2::thanks2::thanks2:
    Pictures to follow once Jim has kindly created a Misterton 2102 album.

• Like Like x 2
  8. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

Just to echo what others has said. Many many thanks to Mick, Sheila, Andy and Shirl for a cracking meet.

Also to everyone for making it such a great weekend. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  9. runrig

runrig Funster Life Member

Hi All,

Mick and myself would like to thank all the funsters who attended this meet, and who despite us having to tell them the bad news that the marquee couldnt be erect, rallied round and set up what can only be described as a bedouin camp, composed of 2 RV awnings with sides and 2 popup gazebos kindly lent by the stig (andrea & geoff) and algill (gill & alf), with a 3rd RV acting as a windbreak amanda 300gt (mandy & dave), you see RVs do have their uses :Rofl1:.

We would also like to say thanks to Shirl and Andy who were a great help in making this meet happen.

But most of all to the funsters for doing what funsters do best have FUN.

Thanks again for great company, great music and for being there xxxx

Sheila & Mick

• Like Like x 9
  10. Redjumpa

Redjumpa Funster

Adding our thanks (along with all the other funsters) to Mick & Sheila for organising such a fantastic weekend.

Great music from Graham on his 12 string guitar ( I can't even manage 4 strings :Sad:) and various backing musicians.

No doubt Jock is regretting telling everyone how wonderful the Black & Tan was at the pub as when he went for a refill they had run out!!

Thanks again, can't wait for the next one.

Graham & Jane

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Did that yesterday just after breakfast, so please post away:thumb:

12. damondunc

damondunc Funster

A BIG Thanks from us , it was a great weekend , we don't get out much and it was lovely to meet so many new and friendly people , the entertainment was excellent and the walk to the pub was wonderful , thanks to Andy , Shirley and Gill for taking most of my dogs there and back :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  13. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

Be sure to read ShiftZZ's glowing, if not different from everyone elses, report in the U Shaped Lounge! :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We had a fantastic time too. Loved the long dog walk over the fields to the pub and back down the canal. :beer: Ralph and I met more people from the forum , putting avatars to faces. :Eek!:
    The surprise bbq for Lynda , turned into a massive production. Enjoyed by everyone , in the sun. Even our twins ( nearly 16 ) came out into the light , without turning into dust .
    Candles were blown out for Lynda ( canopus ) and Dave ( manda GTL) .:thumb:
    The entertainment in the marquee from Graham 2nd to none ably assisted by Lynda and Ken .:clap: More food , cakes , nibbles. :Blush:
    Jacob stayed home as he was working ( he has a weekend job now ) and it was still standing ( and tidy ) when we got back.
    The dogs are cream crackerd. We are half a stone heavier , no joking.

Thankyou to Mick and Sheila Andy and Shirl and everyone else who brought things to help out , whether it be for the marquee , or BBQ . It made the whole weekend very enjoyable , for everyone.
    We are so glad we joined MHF .

• Like Like x 6
  15. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

You should have had the breakfast in Misterton, REAL BACON, fried to order, I like mine organic free range, crispy. DELIVERED.

Then I was asked if I would like a fried egg, bought to my table by Shiela in a snazzy little basque and high heels..Eggs never travelled more than 60 yars from hen to my belly....

Extra Bacon by Andy and Shirl how that babe can butter her baps is a sight for sore eyes.

All in all, 10/10 I will be there again next year with my two sausages. as long as I can send Sundance another virus to keep him away,,,,

• Like Like x 6
  16. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Thats was written, sober, with the assistance of some other banned substances.

Rock on...!

• Like Like x 1
  17. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Are you saying Mick is pants ?

• Like Like x 1
  18. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You might have to do that meet without the Hilldwellers :cry:

• Like Like x 4
  19. atlantisbird

atlantisbird

A big thank you

We enjoyed the week-end at Misterton and the hosts Sheila,Brian,Shirl and Andy along with others created a wonderful and surprising friendly enclave with their RV's forming a circle,
    all we were missing were american indians encircling the camp.
    We were very surprised at the ingenuity and resourcefulness of the individuals who put
    up the massive meeting area for us all to congregate in with space to spare.
    Well done all of you who were able to make our first Fun meeting so enjoyable.
    Thank you to you all.
    Ann & Harry :thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  20. the stig

the stig Funster

All been said previous to us posting. Thank you Sheila Mick Andy & Shirley, as ever a fantastic meet, you do go the xtra mile Sheila and it is appreciated by us all!

Turned out nice agin ant it!!!

a final big thank you thou from me, and that is to Suggy who managed to FLAT PACK Bobbies metal food dish on his way out of the camp site! :driving2: I will donate it Graham to your new group of instruments, as I am sure it will be a great asset to your drum set...:Nowink:

• Like Like x 8